9mm carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What role does the 9mm carbine serve in your collection?

Trying to decide if I need a 9mm AR, or maybe the 9mm Tavor kit if I get one of those. :)

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an HK MP5 clone that I loved. Great little rifle, but I ended up liquidating the inside of my safe. I thought of going with the AR-15 platform, but decided to pickup something that was designed for a 9mm. Really, it was just a cool toy to have and talk about with my friends and family. Wished I still had it, but I could see it not getting used a whole lot.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good points. Fun is always a good reason. lol
I was intrigued by the Tavor kit, but depending how involved it is, may not be motivated enough to swap back and forth between 9mm and 223 all the time....

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Rock River LAR 9 which I absolutely love. I bought it on 9/10 with the excuse that the zombie apocalypse was imminent. So it is my zombie apocalypse gun. My reasoning is that it is a capable rifle, using inexepensive and abundant ammunition, and uses 32 round magazines. I can take out a lot of zombies with it if that becomes necessary. I do need to pick up a few more mags for it. I even bought a "Zombie Ammo Can" to go with it that holds a little over 1000 rounds. Oh, and it is an incredibly fun gun to shoot! My boss has been itching to put a suppressor on it to play around with, and I've been itching to let him. That should add to the fun factor! And then I'll probably end up buying a suppressor!

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed my dedicated 9mm AR. The AR is a really familiar platform and the 9mm is fun....pretty cheap to shoot and a fun conversation piece. I don't know if the Tavor kit is finicky with a conversion but a lot of AR 9mm conversions seem to be. I bought a factory built Colt so I wouldn't have to worry about any issues with a conversion.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a Beretta CX4 Storm. I didn't know it at the time, but it has ambidextrious charging handle and ejection. Never had that in a rifle before. If I decided to, I could get a beretta 92 and the magazines would work in it too. Purpose? I got it to shoot steel challenge competition with my granddaughter.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While not a 9mm I have a Kriss Vector carbine. Low recoil and low weight make it great to shoot and with a big enough night stand :) a perfect house gun. Fun to shoot and does not cost a fortune!