Mad and worried !🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife very briefly worked in the Texas prison system as a nurse. My advice is to tell your daughter to get out fast. Odds are that the ex will never be moved and no action will be taken to keep them apart. The last straw, which only took two weeks, for my wife was the morning she went into the clinic to find it crammed full of inmates with no supervision. She called the guards, who just hung up on her. She then told all the inmates to get out. A few minutes later the chief guard stormed in, cussing as he came in the door. Bad idea with my wife. The guard wound up leaving with his tail between his legs. In one of life’s supreme ironies, the guard was shanked later that day and my wife treated him. She didn’t go back the next day.
They did move him and that’s why I worry about his family wanting to retaliate against her, his mom and dad live in the hominy area and could visit every week or whatever visiting day is, now they can’t

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter recently got offered a job at the Dick Connors prison in Hominy at a good salary and then after about a week they offered her substantially more to take the job, All good right ? No, her ex husband who molested my granddaughter ( not his own child) has been there for several years and has 11-12 yrs of mandatory time left before possibly being paroled ( hopefully he dies before he gets a chance at parole), She told them she would take the job on the condition the ex was moved and they agreed, he would never know why he was being moved and would be gone before her start date, Well that didn’t happen and after a couple of months they spotted each other and then again about another month later, my daughters boss then went to the warden and complained on her behalf and they finally got him moved, a couple of day later one on the inmates started bitching to my daughter about his best friend getting moved, the guards told him to never mention it again or he would be moved elsewhere.
Now we are worried about her safety there AND worried about his POS dad messing with her or my grandkids ( one theirs and one not), the grandparents have not attempted to see their own grandson since the ex did what he did but they live near the prison in hominy and got to visit regularly but now won’t be able to and that’ll piss them off.
I was wondering if there was any legal recourse for my daughter being put in this position at the prison ? She is pro gun all the way and shot guns as a little kid up to her teen years with me and was pretty good but never wanted one for herself and last night asked me to get her one, now I’m pissed as hell at them for not keeping their word and for making us worry 🤬🤬🤬
What do all of y’all think ? Advice ?
Glock 23

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She did finally ask for one and I’m giving her my Colt Gov. model .380 for now and am going to look for a dependable .38 revolver for her, also gonna try and find a home defense shotty in .20 or .12 ga.
38 special is better than nothing. But I will say the 9mm has more energy and may be cheaper and some are just as reliable and stupid accurate.

My wife loves her 357 Magnums with 6" and longer barrels but when some crap went down in our neighborhood she grabbed the 45 ACP Semi Auto.
I only had that and the 357 for hand guns at that time.

I asked her why she grabbed that and her answer was it has more bullets in it.

All good she can hit gallon jugs at 100 yards and in with the 45 and draws smiley faces with the 357.
Not at 100 yards though.

Not that you shoot people at 100 yards away very often or ever but fun to shoot stuff at distance if you can.

If you guys are strapped I can loan you a 12 gauge pump to keep her safe.
Longer barrel hunting, not some 18" thing. I only have long barrel shotguns. 28"

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did move him and that’s why I worry about his family wanting to retaliate against her, his mom and dad live in the hominy area and could visit every week or whatever visiting day is, now they can’t
if it was a minimum yard I doubt she would have any problems other than the inmates wanting to show her where it hurts. Dick Conner is a medium anything can happen there murder and attempted murder are common there.

as far as his relatives that's a wild card. you arm yourself and hope for the best,but be ready to defend yourself.

on a side note I have only seen a handful of inmates who haven't lived on multiple yards. getting moved is part of the deal

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
38 special is better than nothing. But I will say the 9mm has more energy and may be cheaper and some are just as reliable and stupid accurate.

My wife loves her 357 Magnums with 6" and longer barrels but when some crap went down in our neighborhood she grabbed the 45 ACP Semi Auto.
I only had that and the 357 for hand guns at that time.

I asked her why she grabbed that and her answer was it has more bullets in it.

All good she can hit gallon jugs at 100 yards and in with the 45 and draws smiley faces with the 357.
Not at 100 yards though.

Not that you shoot people at 100 yards away very often or ever but fun to shoot stuff at distance if you can.

If you guys are strapped I can loan you a 12 gauge pump to keep her safe.
Longer barrel hunting, not some 18" thing. I only have long barrel shotguns. 28"
I appreciate the offer of a loaner but we are good there, my grandson has a .20 and .12 SA shotgun at home but he’s 13 and hopefully won’t ever be put in the position to have to defend himself or mom and sister ! I’m really more concerned about her traveling to and from work which is a 40 min. Commute each way, she can use the Colt .380 until I find her something else or might give her my M&P Shield for the time being ??

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if it was a minimum yard I doubt she would have any problems other than the inmates wanting to show her where it hurts. Dick Conner is a medium anything can happen there murder and attempted murder are common there.

as far as his relatives that's a wild card. you arm yourself and hope for the best,but be ready to defend yourself.

on a side note I have only seen a handful of inmates who haven't lived on multiple yards. getting moved is part of the deal
In her 3 months there she has already treated 2 inmates getting shanked and a few fight related injuries, she still says she loves it there as far as the work goes ??? The guards go with her in most places outside the infirmary and we are working on defensive tactics in case something happens driving home.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
horse_shit.jpg

This became our mission statement not long after the appointment of the current director of the federal system. /s These are our neighbors not inmates. /s

Most of them just want to do their time in peace, the difficult part of that is you don't know who is and who isn't an animal.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In her 3 months there she has already treated 2 inmates getting shanked and a few fight related injuries, she still says she loves it there as far as the work goes ??? The guards go with her in most places outside the infirmary and we are working on defensive tactics in case something happens driving home.
DOC has mandatory yearly training one of which is self defense , but when you're dealing with super predators who spend countless hours working out it doesn't much matter what self defense techniques you know

Latest posts

Top Bottom