9mm carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering it for a few years and finally pulled the trigger on a very nice mp5 clone build. Filed my SBR form 1 online last week. Already have a can pending for it too.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_27_883b4d0d60611c8fee59da511ceb5191.jpg

Who built yours? Mine is being built by DJ Getz Firearms Co. right now. Will be eFiling the Form 1 as soon as its in my hands. I did the full-size too.

MikeM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a CX4 9MM for my wife a few years ago. Mainly to have a carbine that uses the same ammo as the handgun.
It is just plain fun to shoot and accurate a lot farther than a pistol.

I keep thinking I'll get one in 40 for myself one of these days.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
2015: Year of the 9mm Carbine?

I'm kinds thinking that this year might well be the year of 9mm carbines. TTAG's readers' choice award for rifle of the year is a Sig Sauer MPX, even though it's technically not available yet. The CZ Scorpion EVOIII created quite the hot flash (photo above) even without the hot Czech model. The TAVOR 9mm conversion kits and Beretta Storms are flying out the door. Bob Campbell did a nice wrap-up on pistol caliber carbines for defense in the CTD newsletter earlier this year.

I think there's probably 3 primary drivers here. The first is the 9mm handgun is going through a renaissance, with even the FBI looking at going back to the nine. Secondly, there's a lot of 9mm ammunition around…it's easier to find than .22 and cheaper than 5.56 (Russian 9mm is about $0.21 a round). Thirdly, 9mm carbines work great in the self-defense context - less blast, noise and recoil than a 5.56 (which is still, IMHO, an excellent self-defense choice), easy to shoot, accurate, etc. Interesting!

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2014/12/down-to-stems-and-seeds-edition.html

Will 2015 be the year Ruger gets back into the pistol caliber carbine game?

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I would love to have MP5 or even a clone, I bought a Bereta CX4 Storm this last summer with minimal expectations. The CX4 is a blast to shoot for my nephews, and I have to admit I love shooting it as well. I still think it is ugly and would be so much better if it had an AR buffer tube like the Sierra Papa conversion. The trigger mechanism is plastic and soft, but I cleaned it up nice with a magnifying glass, a rat tail file, and 15 minutes of work.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I would love to have MP5 or even a clone, I bought a Bereta CX4 Storm this last summer with minimal expectations. The CX4 is a blast to shoot for my nephews, and I have to admit I love shooting it as well. I still think it is ugly and would be so much better if it had an AR buffer tube like the Sierra Papa conversion. The trigger mechanism is plastic and soft, but I cleaned it up nice with a magnifying glass, a rat tail file, and 15 minutes of work.
Mines a clone but it's a Damn good clone built here in Oklahoma

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Hi-Point carbine in .40 that I haven't shot yet. Here in Texas, I guess they think everyone has land and just goes out back to plink. No good ranges anywhere close that allow us foreigners, read former Okies (!), to go and enjoy the day outdoors. DFW Range is the closest with a rifle range. Anyway, I digress....
As far as ugly .40 carbines go, I have always wanted a CX4 in .40 and someday am going to get one. It's a tossup right now between the KelTec Shotgun that is calling my name at the local Pawn Shop, or waiting for the CX4 to come along. Might just get my name on their waiting list for that. Price is about the same it looks like and I'd get more enjoyment out of the CX4 I think. Doubt if I could shoot the full mags of the Keltec anyway. I can shoot .40 all day long.
J&S Pawn in Sherman has the KelTec shotgun if anyone wants to remove my temptation! $800.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom