9mm Coated Bullets for Reloading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any first hand experience with the coated bullets like Precision vs. lead? I've been using lead bullets I casted using my uncle's equipment but I don't think the time I have in it is worth it. I think I'll just buy some bullets on my next go around. I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra $ for FMJ.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the precision 115g coated bullets and really liked them. I ended up ordering a couple-thousand of them. You dont want to load them at top-end velocities as they tend to leave a nice (not really!) residue in your barrel. Under 1100 FPS is fine! I use about 4.3 grains of Titegroup for my plinker rounds.

They shoot well out my CZ-75 and my Ruger P-89. My EAA witness Match Elite LOVES them. I tried about 10 different brands of bullets and these were the best price/performance ratio for me.

BTW...the lead bullets from J&K bullets in Moore are pretty good too. I have some of their 125g lead bullets that I like alot.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't mind shooting lead, then it can be just a little bit cheaper per round. I recently bought some 124 gr CMJ 9mm bullets from Montana Gold for just under .08$ / ea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom