9mm lead round nose 120 gn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im looking for a good load under the sound barrier if you please. I currently have some bullseye and some blue dot to use up. I was going to try 4.1 gn's of bullseye does that sound about right to anyone.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems like a good time to visit the alliant website. www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

are you sure the bullets are not 123 or 124gr?

Isn't bullseye a fast burning powder? if you want really nice slow 9mm look into a 147gr and about 3.5gr of unique..in a glock, they will drop the brass at your feet. handloads.com shows you load to be fine..some recommend a little higher, but speed is about 1195 or so. I run lead 9mm a little slower.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you already have the bullets, I'd go with 147's also. They're easy to keep subsonic and still have plenty of oomph to cycle the slide.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mold these out of a lee 6 cavity. They are the micro groove, tumble lubed. Ill reweigh them and double check but Im positive 120 grains. Bullseye is kinda fast burning your right. I guess since Ill be shooting these alot I could try out a new powder. Ive never used unique who makes it and is that all that is on the label? Would it be good for 120 gn.? Thanks for the input.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it alot, it is one of the lesser expensive. The old formula was a litle dirtier, new one I don't seem to notice...(I always figure guns get dirty anyway) but loads well in 9mm.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unique is a good all around powder, I use it for 32auto - 45 colt. You won't get the max horse power using it but it won't be a slouch either, unless you want it to be

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was gonna try 4.1 of the bullseye and you say your going w/ 3.3 badger. Any idea of how fast they and what are you shooting them out of. I shoot various 9mm but mostly PX4 Berreta and SIG PRO.I need chrono bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom