A casualty of the oil bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many working poor, legal, white families with multiple children pay income tax?

Not medicare or SS taxes, since those don't matter to OKCShooter. Federal income tax.

Why bring up a different issue when your first point didn't pan out? They're both problems but that doesn't mean that either is fine because the other exists.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why bring up a different issue when your first point didn't pan out? They're both problems but that doesn't mean that either is fine because the other exists.

That's not another issue. All low income wage earners pay more into medicare and SS than they do federal income tax. OKCshooter said SS and medicare don't count even though the Social Security Administration says this:

We estimate $13 billion in OASDI payroll
taxes from unauthorized immigrant workers
and their employers in 2010. This number reflects
earnings for those with no recorded SSN, those
who have obtained an SSN with fraudulent identification,
and those with legitimate SSNs who have
overstayed temporary visas.

While unauthorized immigrants worked and contributed
as much as $13 billion in payroll taxes to the OASDI
program in 2010, only about $1 billion in benefit payments
during 2010 are attributable to unauthorized
work.
Thus, we estimate that earnings by unauthorized
immigrants result in a net positive effect on Social Security
financial status generally, and that this effect contributed
roughly $12 billion to the cash flow of the
program for 2010. We estimate that future years will
experience a continuation of this positive impact on the
trust funds.

Individuals who enter the country as
unauthorized immigrants and remain in that status
for life are relatively unlikely to receive benefits
from the OASDI program. Those who work in the
underground economy have no basis for expecting
to be entitled for benefits.
Those who have worked
and paid payroll taxes without a matched SSN will
have had their earnings placed in the suspense file
and will have only a relatively remote possibility
of obtaining credit for these earnings for the purpose
of becoming entitled to a benefit.

That's from the second link I posted a couple pages back, straight from the SSA.

I don't see anyone posting up any stats reflecting how "most illegal immigrants don't pay taxes" other than anecdotal stories about how they themselves hire illegal workers and pay them cash under they table. LOL.

Illegal immigrants contribute as much taxes as legal poor folk, and clearly receive less benefits from it. Hint: it's not solely due to the age range of illegal workers that they contribute more than they draw in benefits. You can pay in with a fraudulent SSN, but you damn sure can't claim benefits with one.

Do all illegal immigrants pay taxes on their income? Of course not. That doesn't mean anything, though.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, paying more into Medicare than withdrawing (which has more to do with age distribution) and SS numbers for the almighty .gov support that the majority of illegals are being taxed on their income?

Give me a break.

I have dozens of people that work for me contractually every year.

At least 25 people get paid that are obviously directly from Mexico.

They ALL work for less than others and I pay them ALL cash - seriously, 25 out of 25 get paid cash and I'd bet NONE of them turn around and declare the income.

Tell me about your experience...or am I the exception?

So, where do you send the 1099 on these contractors? Or are you just eating the expense? What is Juan using for info on the W-9?

A side observation, it's funny how economics always win. If you care about SS contributions and income taxes being paid, it seems like you might pay more for the same service. But like everyone else, you will act in your own self interest and let's be honest, hiring American tradesmen is usually higher than hell so Jose gets the bid most of the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies for continuing the thread derail.

Massive Tax Fraud involving illegals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eQZoXAU7X0

I wonder if the books balance out with SS payments paid in by the illegals vs the child tax refunds where they are claiming 10-12 kids that are living in Mexico. 5 illegals using the same address to claim child credit refunds of up to $14,000.00.
That's cost the US taxpayer 4.2 billion dollars in the last decade. The IG's office knows all about it. Why doesn't the IRS?

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I don't see anyone posting up any stats reflecting how "most illegal immigrants don't pay taxes" other than anecdotal stories about how they themselves hire illegal workers and pay them cash under they table.

Hey there cherry picker, I guess you missed my post about the remittance fees and the OESC misclassified workers video on how it's happening ?

Do all illegal immigrants pay taxes on their income? Of course not. That doesn't mean anything, though.

So the partial confessions, muted concessions and equivocation of meaning begins. Ah, the obvious tells of the liar confronted by inescapable truth, the subtle shift of outright denial to revision of claims for damage control.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can the OKC area work force absorb 700 people looking for work? Is OKC like Tulsa in trying to diversify its economy to areas outside of the energy industry? I have friends and relatives there and my grandfather was a big mover and shaker there in the 60s but he passed away in the 80s when I was in highschool so I dont really know much about the town lately. (Sorry if these are dumb questions but my stepdaughter is planning to move there after graduating OSU).

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey there cherry picker, I guess you missed my post about the remittance fees and the OESC misclassified workers video on how it's happening ?

So the partial confessions, muted concessions and equivocation of meaning begins. Ah, the obvious tells of the liar confronted by inescapable truth, the subtle shift of outright denial to revision of claims for damage control.

I watched your video, Gonzo. I watched it in your Downtown Tulsa thread, too. Just as fun the second time around. It didn't cite the percentage of misclassified illegal workers nor their overall effect on the wages of legal workers (which you made implications about).

Listen, you're the one who came in here poking your erect, veiny, illegal immigrant agenda into a thread about a member's wife being laid off from an energy company.

I'll concede this one. It won't hurt my feelings. I forgot how mind-numbing this debate is. One side cites Borjas, CIS, and The Heritage Foundation and the other cites government provided statistics. Perpetual.

You win, but while you sit up there in Fat City praying to ye gods for audits, you might lift up the name of the man in this thread who said he employs over half a dozen illegal immigrants off the books and pays with cash.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can the OKC area work force absorb 700 people looking for work? Is OKC like Tulsa in trying to diversify its economy to areas outside of the energy industry? I have friends and relatives there and my grandfather was a big mover and shaker there in the 60s but he passed away in the 80s when I was in highschool so I dont really know much about the town lately. (Sorry if these are dumb questions but my stepdaughter is planning to move there after graduating OSU).

700? Oklahoma has lost over 14,000 energy sector jobs in the last 16 months. And that number is staggeringly low because for some reason people can't make the tie-in to manufacturing.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
700? Oklahoma has lost over 14,000 energy sector jobs in the last 16 months. And that number is staggeringly low because for some reason people can't make the tie-in to manufacturing.
Yaa I knew that. I was only wondering about these 700 because this threads Original Post has to do with Devons losses. And those 14K job losses didnt occur in one day or even one week. Just sayin...

Latest posts

Top Bottom