A casualty of the oil bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many working poor, legal, white families with multiple children pay income tax?

Not medicare or SS taxes, since those don't matter to OKCShooter. Federal income tax.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess legal citizens that make the same money annually as the average illegal laborer are just paying the dogshit out of federal income taxes. Weird.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I reading this wrong or are you saying you employ illegal immigrants who don't pay taxes?

Better watch it. Raul will come after ya.

Sounds like it! Complain about them but perpetuates it by hiring contractors that probably aren't licensed, insured, bonded etc. SMFH!

Sorry to continue the hijack OP....hope the wife finds a good replacement job. Sorry to hear this.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Oklahoma should be increasing the fees it charges on remittances to help offset state budget shortfalls.

Oklahoma, as we report every year at about this time, collects 1 percent from all out-going, out-of-state, person-to-person wire transfers of money; many of these transfers are remittances from illegal aliens in Oklahoma to their relatives in their homelands. It is the only state to do so.

But Oklahoma tax officials told us a year or so ago that 96 percent of the wire transfer fees are not used as income tax credits - so the great bulk of the funds are additional revenues to the state, all taken from people who do not pay their state income taxes.

This should be a dream for politicians - 96 percent of this funding source is being collected from people who are tax cheats and who cannot vote.

This year, page 12 of the Annual Report of the Oklahoma Tax Commission shows receipts of $11,322,559 from this source. That's an increase of 7.8 percent from the prior year, which was, in turn, a 7 percent increase from the year before.

http://cis.org/north/oklahoma-again-reports-increase-taxes-wired-remittances

I say this fee ought to be increased to at least 3%, since as many of the affected in this thread might soon find out, is how much is withheld from unemployment checks, though I would prefer to see remittance fees increased to match the top income tax rate in the state.

Oh, and this is how illegal aliens are cheating paying taxes, SSI, FICA, workers comp, unemployment insurance, etc., etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years in my various projects in California, Nevada, and Iowa besides my regular people when Ive needed some help just for a day or two or longer if they worked out, we always went to the temp agency for our people. It was a high fee to pay for the workers but it was well worth it to me for them to sort thru and be responsible for all of the who is and isnt legal, sober/drug free, pay their taxes, etc. And I got alot of hispanic folks coming to work as well as white and black folks, etc. I didnt find any certain race of people more reliable or better workers. I found that I sucked at hiring people myself (firing too) so I started working with the temps and can say it was a good experience for me. I seem to have a soft spot for hiring people looking for 2nd chances (3rd, 4th, ...), and you end up getting burned a few times being that way.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend lost his job at Devon this week as well, been there for several years in their IT department as a manager of some sort. One of our IT guys (OG&E) left here after Devon kept asking him to come over, he shot them a stupid high bid of money and no loss of benefits. He was of retirement status with us (OG&E) so he basically retired out with us and then went to Devon making twice what he was making here plus drawing his OG&E retirement.

That was just last year so I would be surprised if he made the cut or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom