A different perspective on price gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about selling off a few things and getting some of the prices people are paying. If someone will pay me double what I paid for an item, I will gladly let them do it.

But I wouldn't do it here on OSA. I'd do it in an auction setting like on GB. The bidders are the ones driving the price up, not me.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One month ago Wal-Mart had the Colt LE6920 for $1,089.95 and they had them in stock at 80% of their Oklahoma stores for 6 months +. Mark's had them for similar pricing too.

Anyone who really wanted one could have had one.

The AWB sunset over 8 years ago. We all had our window to buy and if you spent the money on stupid stuff.. Tough poo!

I honestly think most of the Butt-Hurt comes from the fact that due to current pricing and time of the year we are kind of vapor locked. Someone is buying dongs $900 per thousand round cases of .556 but most of us would get in deep $#!7 with the Wife if we dumped that kind of coin a week after Christmas.

So we do what any normal Okie would, we get on OSA and ***** about it.

My mean old Dad won't sell me any of the silver he bought for $6 an oz either :) LOL

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I'm most frustrated about is that firearms was a hobby for me. I could buy/sell/trade firearms on an order of $700 for an AR. Now I'm too afraid to sell much because I'm afraid once it's gone, I won't be able to find what I want at a reasonable price. I don't make enough money to be buying/selling/trading $3000 AR-10's, so now my hobby (that I once enjoyed) is doomed until prices recede.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices will come back down when supply catches up with demand. It took about a year and a half in the '08 panic. I'm guessing it will be similar this time.

But as to the main issue in this thread, you can give it whatever pejorative labels you want, but bottom line, people have a right to dispose of their own property however they want, and they have a right to form contracts with other consenting individuals based on whatever terms they both agree to. The fact that somebody has a right to do something doesn't mean you have to like it (only that you refrain from forcibly preventing them from exercising it), but I see no good reason to get bent out of shape about willing buyers coming together with willing sellers based on mutually agreeable terms.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices will come back down when supply catches up with demand. It took about a year and a half in the '08 panic. I'm guessing it will be similar this time. .

IMO This is much worse than 08, It might not be this year but some type of AWB will be passed by 2016. Question is will manufacturer's catch up before something is passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom