A "scare" down at the Arts Festival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I think if you are trying to say you didn't know distributing white powder around a populated area would cause some kind of significant concern, you're either intentionally being obtuse, or you are significantly mentally impaired.

JMNSHO.

He gave them a superior smile. "Someone passed the word to Minneapolis about the air scooper crashing. Why would a good citizen leak a national security issue."

"Maybe they didn't know it was national security?" suggested Army.

"It was out of the ordinary. It's always safest to assume that such things involve national security unless the government says otherwise."

Fallen Angels written by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle and Michael Flynn

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that some people are allergic to this wheat powder material and under certain conditions wheat powder can ignite explosively destroying the building in which it is manufactured. If we can't make it illegal we should at least establish a government regulatory agency to oversee all aspects of it's manufacture, sale and use.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Those of us who recognise the danger have pushed for better control of Dihydrogen Monoxide, yet the gov't continues to ignore the threat. Maybe a coordinated campaign with our fellow travellers in the Anti-Obesity (sugar) and P.E.T.A (eggs) might bear (organic) fruit. And what about the children? You can't hug your children with nuclear arms. Think about the lives we could save!

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath. Those of us who recognise the danger have pushed for better control of Dihydrogen Monoxide, yet the gov't continues to ignore the threat. Maybe a coordinated campaign with our fellow travellers in the Anti-Obesity (sugar) and P.E.T.A (eggs) might bear (organic) fruit. And what about the children? You can't hug your children with nuclear arms. Think about the lives we could save!

...especially considering how limited Dihydrogen Monoxide resources are, it has the potential to push us over the brink of war even at the state and local levels...

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman
By LTC (RET) Dave Grossman, author of "On Killing."

... in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy November 24, 1997
One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me:

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another...

^^^
This...

Those girls had no evil in their hearts and were incapable by their very natures of conceiving that spreading white powder about the town might be perceived as a dangerous act.

OSA members, by and large, are by their natures especially aware that there are evil people in the world and that they mean to do the rest of us harm given an opportunity.

And that's a good thing.

But stop PROJECTING. Not everyone thinks like your typical OSA member.

The majority of people in the world barely acknowledge that evil is all around us and if they do its not something that will happen to them it only happens to others.

Again: no intent to do harm or cause alarm on the girls part. They were just being sheep. Let 'em know they were frightening the other sheep and let 'em go.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's scarier, some large women spreading a little white powder in a few locations or police/fire department/hazmat rolling in national emergency style? And if they're "runners", I'm a flippin Olympian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom