Accidental food discovery today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty partial to chili cheese Fritos and a cold glass of milk. Don’t knock it until you try it.
A ham and cheese sandwich with a little mayo, like the ones that come in the triangle shape plastic container with a small jar of pimento olives, and a bottle of Borden’s whole chocolate milk is also pretty tasty. Ate that many evenings while sitting on the rock wall separating Arlington National Cemetery and HQMC, (headquarters marine corps) Henderson Hall, Arlington Va. beautiful site. That was back in about 1978.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was on an extended backtracking trip through the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my BILs' dog 'Tippy' whom was suppose to know how to fend for herself, but didn't (maybe lack of small game :anyone: ). Anywho I ended up feeding her regularly which put us both on starvation rations for the rest of the trip. Down to the last of the groceries so had to use what I could find in the bottom of the pack.

Discovered that bacon wrapped up in peanut butter slathered tortillas is REALLY, REALLY tasty 🤗

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was on an extended backtracking trip through the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my BILs' dog 'Tippy' whom was suppose to know how to fend for herself, but didn't (maybe lack of small game :anyone: ). Anywho I ended up feeding her regularly which put us both on starvation rations for the rest of the trip. Down to the last of the groceries so had to use what I could find in the bottom of the pack.

Discovered that bacon wrapped up in peanut butter slathered tortillas is REALLY, REALLY tasty 🤗
Peanut butter and bacon tortilla or bagel were a staple for us when younger and doing long hikes/hunts. Bagel is kinda heavy but the carbs were worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom