Cookout today... some tips for smoker guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my mavrick thermometer...

Where the end of the probe meets the braides wire...I have put high temp silicone. Moisture from inside the cooker won't go into the wires and when I wipe off the probes...water won't go into the wires. They're prone to short out from moisture.

I think I used the red...high temp silicone...high enough to withstand the temp in the smoker.

About and inch past...both ways....where the probe meets the braided wire...no moisture problems.

You can google this. ..I found this idea on a bbq forum.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/139633/hightemp-rtv-silicone-on-a-maverick-probe-where-help

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread makes me so sad. Salt + Pepper + Pecan Logs = Best BBQ Everrrrrrrrrr!

add a little smoked paprika to that, and that's what I use.

I change between hickory, pecan, and apple, depending on the meat. I use apple for pork, and hickory or pecan on beef and chicken. Sometimes I'll feel a little wild and mix it up with some mesquite.

Sometimes I change my "accent" spice to pair with my flavor of wood differently, but mainly stick with smoked or regular paprika.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a Traeger for four years now, never used any other pellets than the Traeger brand. I've never had the auger problem you are speaking of.....have you contacted Traeger customer service? They've been helpful when I needed to call them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom