Act of Valor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know. I'm 32 and play Battlefield 3 a couple of times a week. I could be considered part of the CD generation but I'm an officer and have been for 6 years now. I know what reality is like and the difference between it and the video games. These jerkoffs at the movie did not know the difference.

And he's been accepted to OKCPD and works at a gunstore lol.
I want to try Battlefield 3 btw. I tried COD and found it wanting. Hopefully I don't find Act of Valor that way. My current favorite is MOH but I don't play much anymore.

There are so many jerks here at OSU that talk about M4A with red dot sights (from COD of course) and think they'd be total badasses in a real situation. When in reality they wouldn't be able to reload under fire, control their fire, or even maintenance their weapon if they happened to survive.
I don't kid myself, I'd crap my pants and probably be so nervous I couldn't aim worth a shite lol.
But then my total generation is out of touch with reality.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And he's been accepted to OKCPD and works at a gunstore lol.
I want to try Battlefield 3 btw. I tried COD and found it wanting. Hopefully I don't find Act of Valor that way. My current favorite is MOH but I don't play much anymore.

There are so many jerks here at OSU that talk about M4A with red dot sights (from COD of course) and think they'd be total badasses in a real situation. When in reality they wouldn't be able to reload under fire, control their fire, or even maintenance their weapon if they happened to survive.
I don't kid myself, I'd crap my pants and probably be so nervous I couldn't aim worth a shite lol.
But then my total generation is out of touch with reality.

These kids in the theater were from UCO and OU. I went to OSU so I immediately couldn't stand them. Act of Valor shows some techniques that are a lot easier to perform with a red dot instead of iron sights (i.e. shooting underneath vehicles while upside down).

If you get BF3, I'm argyle641 on xbox live.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not clarkbe, I'm pretty sure he's been through CLEET.

Yeah, the COD generation. I'm part of it, but since I haven't ever been police/military, I don't pretend to be an expert. I don't play COD either. lol:offtopic2:

Anyone in Stillwater want to go to Act of Valor with a fellow OKShooter? My wife sure as hell isn't going with me.

Remind her of that when she wants to go shopping or wants to go see a girly flick.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya some of the acting was a little lacking but when it came down to the military side planning, executing, etc. it was awesome. You could tell those guys weren't acting then, they were just doing their job. I cannot recommend this movie enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom