Adjusting night sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought an M&P 9c (Thanks Rick!) and the previous owner told me the sights were slightly off and I confirmed that at the range today.

This gun has Trijicon night sights on it and I would like to know how to adjust them. The groups are great, but they are about 3 inches to the left at 12 yards consistently. Before you tell me it is my technique, please keep in mind I'm shooting off a bench rest and shooting the same ammo from the same distance in my M&P 9 Pro competition gun the group was 2 inches dead center consistently.

So, I'm certain these sites need to be moved. The problem is, I've never done this with this kind of sight. It seems to be wedged in place, so I don't know how to move them. Can someone coach me through that? If the groups are left of center, I move the front site to the right, correct? How far?

Sorry for the basic noob question.. just haven't had to do this before.

Thanks!

B

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A punch and a ball peen hammer will do the job if you're a do-it-yourselfer. :D

Otherwise, just about any good dealer/smith should have a drift tool to move the site.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burk, bought it today from 99Thunder in Tulsa. Finally have one.

So.... what is a sight pusher? Do I need one or can I really use a punch and a hammer?

B

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burk, bought it today from 99Thunder in Tulsa. Finally have one.

So.... what is a sight pusher? Do I need one or can I really use a punch and a hammer?

B
I used a brass punch and a hammer before and it was okay. A sight pusher is a tool that pushes the sight in place, no pounding with a hammer and punch. If you know someone local, let them do it. If they screw your sight up then they are responsible. When I got my first Glock 19 at wannamachers, the guy screwed up my back sight tapping it on. He replaced it and it was fine. When I installed my back sight, on a different gun, I filed on it a little before tapping it on. It was a really tight fit and would have required harder tapping.