After Altercation, Philadelphia Police Say They Won't Look the Other Way on Open-Carr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. Wouldn't an accurate record of the encounter benefit both parties. It cuts out the he said she said b.s.

It surely does which is why the authorities are a'gin it. Absent hard irrefutable evidence the authorities usually have the advantage.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was very hard to watch...

Places where the common culture believes that ordinary people cannot and should not be allowed access to firearms often have more abuses by people with badges. Power corrupts everyone, and having power over a group of citizens will corrupt any of us. The key is to not give too much power to any one group. This is the founding principle of our country.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2008/03/06/controlling-guns-in-philadelphia

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to listen to it the cops are out of control for about the first half of the recording and then finally calm down. The guy is polite and answers all the questions asked, the cops blow a gasket when they discover they are being recorded. Then suddenly got real polite when they figured out he wasn't breaking any laws. The disorderly conduct charges only came after the tape was posted on the Tube.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to listen to it the cops are out of control for about the first half of the recording and then finally calm down. The guy is polite and answers all the questions asked, the cops blow a gasket when they discover they are being recorded. Then suddenly got real polite when they figured out he wasn't breaking any laws. The disorderly conduct charges only came after the tape was posted on the Tube.

From what I've read, I come to the conclusion that it was the police who were disorderly. I also haven't seen any "cop-bashing" in this thread. I think it would be entirely appropriate to say the responding officers were both ignorant and disorderly, and then the DA and other authorities are now acting in unethical, if not downright illegal, manner responding to this event.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've read, I come to the conclusion that it was the police who were disorderly. I also haven't seen any "cop-bashing" in this thread. I think it would be entirely appropriate to say the responding officers were both ignorant and disorderly, and then the DA and other authorities are now acting in unethical, if not downright illegal, manner responding to this event.

Exactly my thoughts. I figure the officers rather than the suspect there were disorderly as well. Classic contempt of cop situation. This can be fund to defend for the lawyer sometimes. At least fun for this lawyer. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom