Aimpoint 3X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a magnifier for mine, but before I jumped into the Aimpoint, I was considering the Primary Arms in something solid like a LaRue mount. Primary Arms makes a 4x and a 5x (I'm thinking of the 5x). I've got a real Comp ML3 in a LaRue cantilever mount, but I'm not sure if I'll be happy with a magnifier or if I should just look at a LaRue QD mount and some etched glass like a Leupold Shotgun or Scout scope - that away, I could switch back and forth to the Aimpoint and have the benefit of a 3x9 scope in a nice quickly changeable mount (for about the same price as the real Aimpoint magnifier).

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent the money on a GREAT red dot (aimpoint ML3) and eventually felt the need to buy a magnifier. I went with the Primary Arms 5X and I have been very pleased with it. I dont know how it compares with the Aimpoint magnifier, but I dont see how it could be 300 bucks better than what I got with the Primary Arms magnifier.

I have mine mounted with the Larue Flip mount. THis way, I can easily move the magnifer out of the way. It works great.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just mounted my ML3 last night in a Larue LT129 cantilever mount. I looked at the magnifiers, but I will have a hard time paying almost as much for the magnifyer as I did for the sight.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen ACOG's go for cheaper on arfcom than mag3x and aimpoint. Just an idea. I do have an ACOG and several Aimpoint M4's but I have also been looking for the magnifier for one of the aimpoints. Haven't heard of the Primary Arms, is that a knockoff?

Latest posts

Top Bottom