aimpoint mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting an aimpoint for my M4 clone. My question is if you want the red dot to sit above the front iron sight what mount should you use the tall one?? OR Is it better for the dot to co-witness with the front sight?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting an aimpoint for my M4 clone. My question is if you want the red dot to sit above the front iron sight what mount should you use the tall one?? OR Is it better for the dot to co-witness with the front sight?

Depending on whose "tall" mount you're using, it will either lower 1/3 co-witness or sit above. There's no real reason not to go with co-witnessing, most folks prefer lower 1/3 so you can still look over the irons and see your dot, but direct witnessing works as well.

I prefer lower 1/3 because that's what I'm used to.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midwest-Industries-MCTAR-16-p/mctar-16.htm

[Broken External Image]

I got this mount and rd from Mike, it's a perfect setup, I can use the BUIS and line it up with the dot and the front sight.

I'll update some pix I took from every angle and post it in a bit. I don't know how to explain it, I hope the pix can gives you some idea of how high of the mount you want to get.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Took from side view, rear view and front view through the RD.

My picture taking skill is very crappy as you can see. Hope this help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom