Air conditioner help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I pulled the blower motor and capacitor from my inside unit today, and was wondering if yall could help me 1)
Find somewhere to get a replacement for each in OKC area, preferably north side/Edmond...and 2) tell me what HP the old one is? I see the RPM/speeds/etc, but not HP. Thanks all!
20220829_202239.jpg
20220829_202250.jpg

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Britton Electric Motor on North Western very close to the Gravy restaurant.

I will share that if you take the motor and capacitor in with you, listen to the gentleman behind the counter and walk in the door with some humility you will be a better person, and have a lot more money in your pocket when you leave.

Oh yeah, cash only.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a start capacitor and a run capacitor more than likely, the motor looks rough and Locke will help you buy the parts you need for sure but Britton Electric will more than likely figure out exactly what you need and save you money.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Britton Electric Motor on North Western very close to the Gravy restaurant.

I will share that if you take the motor and capacitor in with you, listen to the gentleman behind the counter and walk in the door with some humility you will be a better person, and have a lot more money in your pocket when you leave.

Oh yeah, cash only.
Thanks for the recommendation. I stopped by there this morning and he told me the motor I had needed replaced, and since he didn't have one on hand he sent me to Johnstone Supply up by the turnpike. They're right behind Carvana, nice folks there too, got me set up. Plan to install tomorrow since I was late getting back home tonight, spent most the day at Edmond Integris with my wife and in-laws, my mother in law has been there since last Wednesday.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal! Yes, Johnstone supply was also a great resource but the old timer at Britton Motor was just my style and while he was stern with his directions and he asked me questions I wasn’t ready for I believe he saved my $600-$700 in repair on my pool motor and getting it back into shape allowed me to focus monies where it really paid off.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to pick up your parts for the A/C. I thought the last post from you would be I had to have an HVAC license to buy the parts. I've run into that before and couldn't buy the parts I needed but eventually the guy behind the counter relented.

Latest posts

Top Bottom