Ak47.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what you're wanting is probably an AKM (the modernized version). I would suggest a Saiga. They are probably the best bang-for-the-buck there is for that platform. They perform well and there is a certain coolness in knowing that they are made at the Izmesh factory in Russia ...where the original AK's by Mikhail Kalashnikov were made.

Last edited:

noob2013

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed one of the replies uses .223 AK; I know it's cheaper AK - but is there any other benefit?

@Neanderthal: Thanks for the Saiga intro. The look is a little different from the M+M Inc. M10-762; but, the functionality and low maintenance (cleaning it) should be the same right?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO the best deal to be had on an AK right now is the CAI Yugo Zavasta O-Pap, they're built on the heavier RPK receivers. These can be had in the $700ish range.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the pointers and sites to check. Appreciate that.

Wondering what all you nice folks think of M+M Inc. M10-762.

noob2013,

I have one of these if you are interested, I can PM pictures if you want. I'm asking $825, but if you are in the OKC area I could probably sweeten that deal a bit.
PM me if you would like.

Jeff

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look on centerfiresystems.com

I highly recommend the Veprs in any caliber. I've got Saigas, Maks, Maddi's, and my Vepr is my favorite, and I think the highest quality build.
You can't hardly beat centerfiresystems.com right now on prices either.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff,
No thanks. I saw one M+M Inc. M10-762 for < $570 new; with FFL and everything, probably just $600.
Appreciate the offer though.

Can you PM me the link, I have been having a heck of a time trying to get pricing info on this gun. I know I bought it from a reputable dealer, but wonder if the bottom has dropped out on them. Thanks noob2013.

Jeff

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I not a big fan of to many things made in China but I do love the Chinese AKS. You can find a nice shooter Poly for around $1200.00 to $1500.00 or a good Nornico for a bit lower.
I just made a deal on a Clayco AKS. It is a Nornico AK. They are somewhat hard to find from what I seen and a bit higher.
Their was a Norinco underfolder on ARF for $1100.00

So keep your eyes open and you can find a good deal on a nice Chinese AKS in the price range you was looking to spend.

Been hoping for a deal on a Clayco myself; yours wasn't the one that had been parked, was it? There was one for sale on a few forums that had been. I grew up near "ClayCo", so my want is as much a sentimental thing as a collector thing.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been hoping for a deal on a Clayco myself; yours wasn't the one that had been parked, was it? There was one for sale on a few forums that had been. I grew up near "ClayCo", so my want is as much a sentimental thing as a collector thing.

That is the one. Something about that AKS caught my eye. I got a real good deal on it in trade. Out of all the AK guys I talked with this said I did well. The Clayco I got is only going to be a shooter, as I do not care for a lot of the newer AK rifles that are being made now.

I have a NIB Poly Tech AKS that I just could not bring myself to shoot so this one should do me well as a shooter. I may do a few other things to it later on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom