Ak47.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htownfister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look on centerfiresystems.com

I highly recommend the Veprs in any caliber. I've got Saigas, Maks, Maddi's, and my Vepr is my favorite, and I think the highest quality build.
You can't hardly beat centerfiresystems.com right now on prices either.

What is your take on the Maddi's?

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maadis are quality guns.

A good rule of thumb for Kalashnikovs is anything built overseas in a country that does still or once did issue the rifle to their own armyor for export to other militaries is good-to-go. American builders can be hit or miss with some being better than others

Ek

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure if you buy a Maadi, it's an all-Egyptian one (ARM,RML, etc.), not a "MISR" (or maybe "MISR90"), which is a mutt made from Chinese MAK90 parts and Egyptian parts. They have a reputation for being spotty on quality.

Coltdogg - glad you grabbed that one! I kicked it around more than once, but just didn't want to cough up the money at this time. Small world, when a guy in the next town over got it. I was going to use it as a shooter as well, since the collectability is damaged by the park job. But the "Clay Center Kansas" part is one of the biggest reasons I want one, next to the pre-ban, early import status. Nice score.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coltdogg - glad you grabbed that one! I kicked it around more than once, but just didn't want to cough up the money at this time. Small world, when a guy in the next town over got it. I was going to use it as a shooter as well, since the collectability is damaged by the park job. But the "Clay Center Kansas" part is one of the biggest reasons I want one, next to the pre-ban, early import status. Nice score.

From what I read on them, The Clayco only came into the US in 1983 and 1984. and plus it has a very cool ser. number on it that I wanted. Now with not ever being not 100% and will not ever be 100%, I am king around the idea of having it re blued, and them putting a new front sight on it with Poly wood. Maybe doing a Double Underfolder out of it...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting something to shoot cheap 7.62x39 lately, and these look appealing.

Just missed them at J&G Sales; were on sale for $599, now up to $649 I believe. I thought about scooping one up at the lower price - and these actually are getting decent reviews for Century guns (though for the most part, they are imports).

Latest posts

Top Bottom