Aliens Are Almost Definitely Out There, SETI Astronomers Tell Congress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aliens almost definitely exist.

At least, that's what two astronomers told Congress this week, as they appealed for continued funding to research life beyond Earth.

According to ABC News, Dan Werthimer, director of the SETI Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley, told the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology Wednesday that the possibility of extraterrestrial microbial life is "close to 100 percent."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ronomers_n_5370315.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_155_594_yesitis2.gif

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit...I deleted the bobby possumcod video...it was a little to....say we say...risqué for this group.

Lord, please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in New Guinea. ..

Yes I know, I know...I wussed out. There, I said it...:tounge:

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then Against My Better Judgment I Went Walking Out That Door.
I Smiled At One Person Then I Nodded To Three More.
One Man Asked Me For A Dollar, I Asked Him, "What's It For?"
He Said, "I Have Seen Them." I Said, "O.K., It's Yours."

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's very likely. We know that some microbes can survive locked in rock in space indefinitely and when exposed to water "come back to life". We know that at the beginning of our own planet there were extinction level events that shot microbe laden rock into space so if any of those rocks hit another planet with water, regardless of hostile environment, those microbes could reanimate. That equals life. It's also very possible that the microbes that began life on Earth came from any other planet thus making us an alien life source. It's quite interesting. When you consider the incredible numbers of microbe encased rock that has been blasted into space from Earth alone, the chances that even a tiny percentage of that space rock hit a planet with water is very high. Considering how long ago this occurred, it's extremely likely that life forms, humanoid in nature, exist out there.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was with him until he said “The chances of finding it I think are good and if that happens it will happen in the next 20 years depending on the financing,” Shostak told the committee.

So, if he doesn't find them within 20 years, he just says "you didn't give me enough money.

Hell, I could have done that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The idea that we are the only intelligent life in the universe is almost as brilliant as the idea that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom