Aluminum welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’m gonna need to get some aluminum welding done soon. I would mind doing it myself, but am pretty inexperienced with welding and have never welded aluminum. Don’t wanna spend $500 on a spool gun at the moment. I do have a multiprocess machine that I can tig with, but don’t know the first thing about tig. Anyone wanna teach me sometime over the summer? Or do we have any aluminum welders here that I could pay to do the work?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
How big a job is it? I know a guy that can do it if he has time.
It’s pretty small. I’m cutting most of the center seat out, and will want to put some caps over the open ends. Add some float pods most likely. Fill in some of the screw holes left from the overzealous attaching of accessories.

pardon the crappy picture, but essentially cutting out the red part, and then putting caps over them and using them as storage bins/electrical box.

Attachments

• B67F3114-A0BC-4145-BA79-D91D4F804762.jpeg
    B67F3114-A0BC-4145-BA79-D91D4F804762.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 26

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I weld aluminum at work several times a month and IMO if you’ve never messed with it doing a project isn’t the time to start. TIG is a good process of welding for the right job. But that job might be better suited for a spoolgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom