Am I upgrading or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRSNINER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strongly considering changing from my Lee single stage press to the Classic 4 hole turret also from Lee. The single stage works well but I am Looking to streamline the loading process. I have watched the you tube videos but would like some input from actual owners. Particualy interrested in how well the powder measure functions. Any quirks,tips?

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're looking at the Classic Cast Turret, I think its a great press. I've been using mine for about 3 years & love it. For pistol loads I use the adjustable charge bar & rifle loads I use a RCBS uniflow w/case activated charge handle. Be sure & get the riser for the powder measure. I load everything from 32 h&r to 45/70 & it works great. I also have a Hornady LNL but I use the Lee more often.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not been disappointed with mine. I also did not have any of the problems reported with the safety prime system, if that's a factor in your decision. Mine was very easy to set up and it works very well. I had a brief issue with a primer arm but Lee customer service fixed me up with the new part in-hand two days after I called.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have one of the old 3 hole presses, and it works well. I would keep the single stage as it will come in handy.

But the turret would definitely be an upgrade from the single stage, especially if you load pistol rounds, or anything in large quantities.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went from the Lee single stage to the Lee turret (3 hole) and haven't had a single issue with it except the older ones used a nylon bushing for indexing that was crap. I have been indexing by hand for years.

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Lee 4 hole turret press is an excellent upgrade, with the micro adjustable powder measure upgrade, $10.00 it is a great press that in my case has loaded many thousands of of very acurate rounds. For me typical production is about 125+ rounds an hour while taking my time. Even though I have a couple of Lee Loadmaster progressive press's and now a Dillion 650 I use the turret loader to work up loads or just make small batches that otherwise would take too long to change on the progessives. The turret press is also one of the fastest and most economical to change calibers on while I can buy a complete Loadmaster for what it costs to change calibers on my Dillion:pissed:

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been using a Lee 4 holer for a year now and like it. Go ahead and get all the powder discs that you can and the micro adjuster. Then get a die holder for each calibre, switching out is easy and you don't have to reset your dies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom