Amazing Hunting Property for sale in Kansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but if your a land owner you can get a “hunt own land” permit, still pay non resident price but can get tags every year
Thanks for that info. I own some wheat/milo type land North of Dodge city, that's probably not great for hunting deer. That land is owned through a trust. Does that mess up the ability to "hunt your own land" as a non-resident?

When I decided I was done with the AZ deer lottery and went land-shopping in 2022, Oklahoma proved perfect: Most conservative state with deer and hogs anywhere near Arizona, and all one has to do is buy the license you want. Hope to get the resident price someday after I get the kids out of school (and maybe through college).

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I own some wheat/milo type land North of Dodge city, that's probably not great for hunting deer. That land is owned through a trust. Does that mess up the ability to "hunt your own land" as a non-resident?

When I decided I was done with the AZ deer lottery and went land-shopping in 2022, Oklahoma proved perfect: Most conservative state with deer and hogs anywhere near Arizona, and all one has to do is buy the license you want. Hope to get the resident price someday after I get the kids out of school (and maybe through college).
I hunted my grandpas place for years in Kansas with this permit. His farm was in a trust, I believe the language was 1 permit per 80 acres of land. Permits were available through lineage grandfather to grandson was the limit. So, grandfather, dad, and grandson. Don’t think cousins and that such were available. Once my grandpa went to the wildlife office and signed off on me, he never had to go back. They had record and I just went in and bought a license and permit. The hunt own land permit is an either sex tag and valid for all seasons( archery, rifle, muzzleloader). you can buy more antlerless tags( I think up to 6). Important thing is to buy a hunting license as well! One wildlife officer told me that the permit was my license because I was hunting only family land. Turns out, the game warden disagreed, had a boatload of ducks and geese when he checked on a bunch of us duck hunting. Luckily he let me go buy a license to void my $1000 ticket.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted my grandpas place for years in Kansas with this permit. His farm was in a trust, I believe the language was 1 permit per 80 acres of land. Permits were available through lineage grandfather to grandson was the limit. So, grandfather, dad, and grandson. Don’t think cousins and that such were available. Once my grandpa went to the wildlife office and signed off on me, he never had to go back. They had record and I just went in and bought a license and permit. The hunt own land permit is an either sex tag and valid for all seasons( archery, rifle, muzzleloader). you can buy more antlerless tags( I think up to 6). Important thing is to buy a hunting license as well! One wildlife officer told me that the permit was my license because I was hunting only family land. Turns out, the game warden disagreed, had a boatload of ducks and geese when he checked on a bunch of us duck hunting. Luckily he let me go buy a license to void my $1000 ticket.
Thanks for the input. If I ever decide to hunt my KS land, I'll scour the regulations and call the regional office to confirm I read things correctly. Probably a moot point as my Checotah place has enough corn- and protein-fed deer and hogs for my family. Thank God for Oklahoma!

Last edited:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s alot of money, but the price isn’t horrible for a turnkey hunting place with big deer. I’ve said it before that my place isn’t for sale but can be bought for the right price. The “right price” will definitely be higher than $4500/acre. :anyone:
Ill give you $4500 for the acre with the feeder.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Uh you're probably missing out some good hunting. If you're name is on the trust you're good. You should be on the east edge of some pretty fair mule deer also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom