American patriotism remains near historic lows this Fourth of July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (TND) — On this Fourth of July, the percentage of people who say they’re proud to be an American is near historic lows.

According to the results of a new Gallup poll, only 4 in 10 adults say they are “extremely proud to be an American.”

"I feel like it’s declined. Like, just wearing the flag sometimes I feel like it’s sometimes a little bit mixed-up feelings," said Daniel, a Washington, D.C. resident visiting the National Mall on the holiday.

Gallup's data shows Republicans are consistently more likely than Democrats and independents to express "extreme pride in being American," but Democrats are making a push to “reclaim the flag.”

Joe Biden’s first re-election campaign ad drips with patriotic imagery.

Since 2019, Democrats' "extreme pride" has increased slightly as Republicans' dipped by 16 points.

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...ited-states-pride-republicans-democrats-poll#

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contrast that with our (perceived) attitude back during the bicentennial. We were all pumped to be Americans.

But, now, one recent poll revealed that 40% of Americans would run, rather than fight, for America.

Something pretty bad has happened in the interim. IMO, it's a convergence of assaults on The Republic.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never understood feeling pride based on where I was born. I had zero say in the matter or zero to do with it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't raise a couple of generations of young people and teach them everything the country is and has been is evil and expect large numbers of patriotically minded folk . Just saying

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ain’t no one leaving the land of milk and honey though. Many of close who claim to hate America are the first to suck off of the entitlements provided to them. No other country would take them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom