America's first climate change refugees are preparing to leave an island that will disappear under t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of water displacement, perhaps we should consider the number of ships we allow on the planet?
As we all know, every addition of an ice cube to a glass of tea raises the level.
Here, ladies and gentlemen, I offer true science vs conjecture and theory.
Carry on with your theories. I have solved the issue. Ships are the problem.
And submarines... :D

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, there seems to be a difference of opinion among those studying the chronological dates for the different "ages" of Egypt.

There is? Are you speaking of a creationist opinion or someone that has posted referenced work? Or is this a case just like there's a difference in "opinion" on the physics I posted?

Some opinions are obviously more well referenced than others and humans are understandably emotional when it comes to the afterlife, so they will believe a lot of things. Man-made religions have been generally wrong about science all throughout history and they will continue to do so.

In the end, there's several other variables we can point to showing the story is false. Because among others, apparently the flood forgot to wipe out the Mesoamerican civilization too.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is? Are you speaking of a creationist opinion or someone that has posted referenced work? Or is this a case just like there's a difference in "opinion" on the physics I posted?

Some opinions are obviously more well referenced than others and humans are understandably emotional when it comes to the afterlife, so they will believe a lot of things. Man-made religions have been generally wrong about science all throughout history and they will continue to do so.

In the end, there's several other variables we can point to showing the story is false. Because among others, apparently the flood forgot to wipe out the Mesoamerican civilization too.
I've never read the research behind it but Grahan Hancock and Randall Carlson have done a few podcasts discussing the differences in opinion dating Egyptian Culture. My impression is most of the opinions outside the mainstream are dating it older than we think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

With regard to differences in opinion as to how long the Egyptian nation has been in existence, what does that have to do with physics?

Kindly cite where "man-made religions have been generally wrong about science all throughout history." While some individuals in the religious realm may be that way, I imagine that there are a LOT of religious scientists out there. Generalizing of all the religions into one "category" doesn't cut it with me.

With both the Egyptian and Mesoamerican civilizations, perhaps those researching the length of their existence have been wrong? Of course, I could be accused of "generalizing" here myself in presuming that those people could be wrong. Are all of those studying the chronological ages of those civilizations all in agreement with each other?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of water displacement, perhaps we should consider the number of ships we allow on the planet?
As we all know, every addition of an ice cube to a glass of tea raises the level.
Here, ladies and gentlemen, I offer true science vs conjecture and theory.
Carry on with your theories. I have solved the issue. Ships are the problem.

Don't forget all the sand China is dumping in the ocean to make islands! :mosh:

Woody

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kindly cite where "man-made religions have been generally wrong about science all throughout history." While some individuals in the religious realm may be that way, I imagine that there are a LOT of religious scientists out there. Generalizing of all the religions into one "category" doesn't cut it with me.

With both the Egyptian and Mesoamerican civilizations, perhaps those researching the length of their existence have been wrong? Of course, I could be accused of "generalizing" here myself in presuming that those people could be wrong. Are all of those studying the chronological ages of those civilizations all in agreement with each other?

There are examples of religious scientists throughout history, some very influential ones too. However, there are times where religion is just too insecure for what science may uncover, if you need examples you might want to lookup what happened to Galileo. We can STILL talk about Darwin all day long in lieu of overwhelming genetic and fossil evidence of evolutionary theory. Climate change is a fun one for sure and it's interesting how political it's become, and that somehow translates to many of the religious doubting what many scientists will say. That's fine, I'm really not here to argue that as these discussions become moot.

In terms of the Egyptian and Mesoamerican errors being a "perhaps they were wrong" well..... it's possible.... some evidence would be nice.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are examples of religious scientists throughout history, some very influential ones too. However, there are times where religion is just too insecure for what science may uncover, if you need examples you might want to lookup what happened to Galileo. We can STILL talk about Darwin all day long in lieu of overwhelming genetic and fossil evidence of evolutionary theory. Climate change is a fun one for sure and it's interesting how political it's become, and that somehow translates to many of the religious doubting what many scientists will say. That's fine, I'm really not here to argue that as these discussions become moot.

In terms of the Egyptian and Mesoamerican errors being a "perhaps they were wrong" well..... it's possible.... some evidence would be nice.

You are right, evidence would be nice. However, neither "side" can probably cite exact timelines as to the beginning and end of various civilizations. As for Darwin, there isn't anywhere near enough "evidence," especially in the realm of fossil evidence of transitional species. Darwin's theory is just that. Only a theory, and if one took Darwin at his word, even he might be prone to say it was invalid. In later writings to acquaintances, he noted that if fossil evidence of transitional species could not be found and that if one could find evidence that the smallest of elements of the body could be found to be very complex, then his theory would be invalid.

To date, I don't think that there is any fossil evidence, even after almost 160 years of searching. And, the cell has been shown to be very complex, much of that learned since the discovery of DNA.

As for climate change, that has always gone on. However, the problem is that the proponents of "global warming" can't really prove that man is the largest contributing factor of that warming. In fact, with the discover of evidence of people in the "global warming" were "cooking the numbers," their arguments tend to be a bit weak.

Also, I don't think you will find that religious people are so much against science. I'm very religious and I enjoy studying science, although I am nowhere near being called a scientist. Like any good scientist would be, I am skeptical of some claims from those in the scientific world. I've even asked questions here on OSA that dealt with questioning science, and there were some that made claims that I just can't seem to find valid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom