ammo collector question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ammo collectors out there? Not looking to get rid of this stuff....just looking for info.

Picked up a couple of boxes at a garage sale and am curious if they have any collector interest.

First is a full box of old Remington Bronze Point 150 grain .270. Standard caliber but seems like the bronze point ammo didn't last long.

Second is a "nearly" full box of Winchester Silver Tip .38sp+p hollow point. Not all that old....has a styrofoam inner tray but again....I don't recall the Silver Tip stuff being around long.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really any significant collector interest or desireability in those. You might get a little more than it just being shooter ammo if you find the right person who just loves it. You'll also find that most people will want to actually pay less than new off the shelf ammo that is similar.

Remington still sells a bronze tip round and you can get the bullets for reloading as well. Jack O'Conner swore by them for great controlled expansion.

You can also still get new Winchester defense ammo in a .38 silvertip. It's expensive stuff just as the bronze tip is.

Good luck. No matter what, it's always fun finding cool ammo at a garage sale and I'm betting you paid much less then what they're worth so that's a bonus.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ammo collectors out there? Not looking to get rid of this stuff....just looking for info.

Picked up a couple of boxes at a garage sale and am curious if they have any collector interest.

First is a full box of old Remington Bronze Point 150 grain .270. Standard caliber but seems like the bronze point ammo didn't last long.

Second is a "nearly" full box of Winchester Silver Tip .38sp+p hollow point. Not all that old....has a styrofoam inner tray but again....I don't recall the Silver Tip stuff being around long.

only been making bronze points 80 years and silvertips 40-50 years

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I had not seen either one on shelves where I shop for a long time and assumed they were out of production. Sounds like there is no real need to hang on to them. I'll shoot them one of these days.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I had not seen either one on shelves where I shop for a long time and assumed they were out of production. Sounds like there is no real need to hang on to them. I'll shoot them one of these days.

Use those .270 Bronze Tips on some deer. They should work VERY well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom