Ammo from the "Sportsman's Guide"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like S&B. I liked it alot more when Sportsmans Guide had it for $99 dollars/1000 but that was back before indoor plumbing and electricity.

Couple of nice things about SG. If you purchase their buyers club membership, you can stretch your payments over 4 months interest free and you get a 5-10% discount on their prices. And occasionally, they have free shipping. That is really the time to buy it by the case.

SGs shipping is usually based on how much you purchase, not what it weighs. Nice way to go if you are getting heavy stuff like ammo by the case.

However, I did find out that if you order individual boxes of ammo instead of case lots, and go over 10 items on line, the order gets kicked to a human and they figure shipping differently than the computer.

Lotsa folks have had problems with SG and their backorder policies. It was especially bad during the ammo shortage the last few years. However, if you stay on top of it, they usually come thru. It may take a while, but it sure was nice getting 1000 rounds of 223 from a backorder 16 months prior. I was paying 109/1000 and spreading the payments over 4 months when everyone else was paying 249/1000. It was worth the wait.

Dave

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their back order policies are what soured me. I purchased a lot of ammo and spent a considerable amount of money with them. I put in another order for quite a bit for and they cancelled the order. MidwayUSA seems to pay attention and appreciate their customers.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their back order policies are what soured me. I purchased a lot of ammo and spent a considerable amount of money with them. I put in another order for quite a bit for and they cancelled the order. MidwayUSA seems to pay attention and appreciate their customers.
Yes. Yes they do. I've never had a single issue with Midway and I've got a whole pile of invoices.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this from SG. Standard coupon, anyone should be able to use it.

$10.00 Off... Your Merchandise Order of $99 or More, in addition to the Sale discounts!
Coupon Code: SG2425
Good through August 04, 2011

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom