Another Celebrity on gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....many people reacted in a predictably knee-jerk fashion and blamed lax gun control laws (in addition to violent video games or a “culture of violence“) for the actions of a person who was clearly hell-bent on murdering.

Really? I must have missed that one line in a small article on some obscure website. All I heard was the demonization of firearms and firearms owners on every major media outlet in these United States.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of folks on OSA probably aren't in his fan-base because at one time he was one of the most racist celebrities (very specifically against White People) and his most infamous song from his early rap days is "Cop Killer" (plus he was an actual pimp at one time - he was that douchy guy who beat women when they didn't make enough money while he prostituted them). I was a fan of Rap music in the 70s/80s/90s and I was never a huge Ice-T fan.

He's still a blow-hard who thinks of himself as something greater than he ever was, but he just happens to have a valid point and an audience with a large part of America that doesn't normally care much about 2nd Amendment rights so I'm all for his message.

But like Ted Nugent, he has to be extremely loud to be heard over the sounds of his own stupid past...

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I'm not anti-Nuge today, but he did a little more than draft-dodge back in the day. He was a celebrity and had some very anti-American things to say to tens of thousands of people about the US and our military while at the same time draft-dodging.

Keep in mind that Nuge does more than enough stupid stuff to get his arse in a sling today (here's an anti-gun website with just Nuge's section):

http://meetthenra.org/nra-member/Ted Nugent

Now, that site is taking a lot of things out of context and doing what media slant does best. But none of that negates the fact that Nuge still says stupid stuff a lot, which gives plenty of ammo. And he's on the side of libertarians now.

Before he was patriotic, he said plenty of stupid stuff that if anyone on this board would have heard coming from any other jerk in Hollywood, you'd dismiss the person as basically invalid.

Here's some stolen valor:

http://meetthenra.org/statement/ted-nugent-board-member-62

Nugent, who was rejected by a draft board during the Vietnam War, claimed in a July 25, 2011 interview with Military.com that he has trained with the Navy Seals, Green Berets and Army Rangers in both an official and unofficial capacity since the late 1970s. Nugent claimed his military experience included “sniper work and some various combat type-training.

Here's some more Ted love from the Duck Hunting boards:

(From his High Times Inverview):
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186941

In an interview with High Times in October 1977, Nugent explained how he avoided being drafted for the Vietnam War:

“So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna’ lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it … I got my physical notice thirty days prior to.
Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build.
I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up.
Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value … Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna’ play their own game, and I’m gonna’ destroy ‘em.
Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely anti-drug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine.
Talk about one wounded mother *****. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin.

So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person … So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself.
When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, ‘Oh my God, put those back on! You *****’ swine, you!’
Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, but my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat.

The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up. They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk.

A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of mother****in’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?

Last but not least, he also admitted in VH1's "Behind the Music" that he was a "serial pedophile" and two of his relationships (one with his wife and one with “muse” Pele Massa, who was 17 when they started dating - Ted had legal custody of her) were ended due to Ted’s infidelity while on the road, often with underage women. Courtney Love had even stated she gave Nugent oral sex when she was 12 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5k6-r2SStA

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't know about the sex stuff. Although I do find it hard to believe anything that comes out of Courtney Love's mouth. Ted had 2 seperate deferments also. 1 for medical and 1 for student.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't know about the sex stuff. Although I do find it hard to believe anything that comes out of Courtney Love's mouth. Ted had 2 seperate deferments also. 1 for medical and 1 for student.

Medical- well he did have a nasty case of cat scratch fever.
Student- That was just a Smokescreen, the guy is a talented Snakecharmer. Prolly had those draft board guys in a stranglehold.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
must carry more weight than some here.

They really don't. Unless of course they outweigh the FGST members. They'll spout off there mouths, some people here will want to touch the hem of their garments, but their opinions don't matter any more then yours.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom