Another Heartland Outdoors range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading several posts here regarding the Heartland Outdoors range, I decided to swing by on my way from work and try out their range.

All I have to say is WOW. The A/C and ventilation made it worth the extra bucks. I was not soaked with sweat afterwards, and didn't have that "black booger syndrome" that I have been experiencing at H&H. Plus, the staff was extremely nice.

I was also excited to be told that you can "shoot any bullet/any gun". So I was able to unload a few boxes of my steel core brown bear 9x18 Makarov ammo through my CZ-82.

(on a side note, there was one other guy shooting a few stalls down from me. He had a real nice AR setup with an Eotech. I heard him shooting several rounds, but I couldn't figure out what he was shooting at, since I didn't see a target. Well, I finally saw that he did have a target, but it was set at the 5 yard mark. I wanted to tell him that it may be easier and cheaper to just attach a bayonet and stab the thing. But, being a "keep to myself" kinda guy, I just let the joke slide.)

Now, let me be honest...I love H&H, and I will probably still shoot there the majority of time (I'm cheap). And, H&H does have a lot more of the goodies that I am personally interested in. But, it is nice to have a nice cool place to shoot on those 95+ degree days.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought I would see the day I wished I lived closer to Edmond, but by golly ... it is here ... those black boogers are so unladylike. But, we live so close to H&H it is foolish for us not to have a membership there. Some people drive farther to get to the grocery store than we do to go shoot. And we like to shoot A LOT!! LOL

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I went to Heartland back in July, really enjoyed their range. Sure doesn't take long for ceilings and walls to get shot up does it? That's kinda scary in my humble opinion. I found one good BP round in my gun case for my .44-40, so I had to test the ventilation system. Works pretty good.

A couple of years ago I fired 10 BP .44-40s through my Rossi rifle at H&H. It took awhile for the smoke to clear. God I love the original powder. One of these days I'm gonna take my Walkers to Heartland and really test the ventilation system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom