Antifreeze.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 2 gallons of concentrate on my way home today . DG $16 a gallon
I heard tell from some wrench turning character that anti freeze will see $100 by or shortly after 1-2023.
The conversation included electric cars using 6 gallons per vehicle and a shortage of oil and Mobil 1 being $11 dollars a quart.
On a good note a quart of mobil 1 last long long time on bang bangs.
I can't vouch for any truth other then the 2 gallon buy.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I buy oil and antifreeze and such by the case.

BTW FWIW Costco has always carried a 6 quart case of Mobil 1 for around $33-ish, then put it on sale for around $27-ish. Of course, prices are going up, but Costco and Sams are good places to buy these sort of things. Sams usually has a case lot of R134 refrigerant at a really good price, etc.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've always bought by the case. Do the math, price the single container vs the case, sometimes retailers like to screw you that way.

I also buy the tubes of grease (for my grease gun) by the case.

It does take a bit more $$$ to do this, but it does pay off over time. I think it's well worth it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm totally familiar with 10,000 HP electric motors that run ID fans in power plants that don't use coolant. I think the need to use for heating the interior is the best reason as earlier stated. The old VW's with air cooled engines had major issues with heating the human compartment.
Batteries in EV need coolant. Its just the way it is right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom