"Antlerless" season - day one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some nice young bucks! They will grow into some trophys if somebody else doesn't take them.

I had the rifle and did manage to get a doe, but the second day, only saw bucks.

lightningkylej

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! I only went out for a few minutes this evening and got a little piggy. Might go out in the morning and see what I can find.
John was about to get a button buck but it was chased off by a decent sized anterled buck behind the brushpile he was setting in.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To add insult to injury - 1 hour later I thought I took a doe with the gun - to find out it was buttonless buck :( I was sure it was a doe till I saw between the legs - bummer. After taking 4 bucks and 1 doe this year - and then seeing 5-6 adult bucks and basically no does, kinda makes your scratch your head.

P.S. Hopefully I'll make it back out this weekend with the bow and the camera to see if the "picture" changed :)

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had that happen a few years back. Doe hunted that morning with rifle and saw nothing but bucks. Went back that night with my bow and shot my biggest buck with a bow. Went back out that next morning with my rifle and all the does had come back and shot one of them too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom