Any 6.8 SPC Shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangeHound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum have any experience with the 6.8 SPC. I was considering one for hog hunting and up to 300 yard target shooting. The attraction is being able to use my AR15 lower and just purchase the upper and magazine. Looking the Bison Armory and AR Performance 18" barrel.

I have been reading the 68Forum, but would like to hear from someone on this forum.

Comments and feedback would be appreciated.

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a complete Rock River Arms LAR-6. I haven't really had a good oppurtunity to ring it out yet, but it does seem like the 6.8 is a capable round. It seems like the 6.8 round is a little scarce right now to find locally but it is out there. I have no experience with Bison Armory weapons/parts, but everything I have read about it has been good.

JW/OK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot the 6.8 Rem SPC in a 23" Contender Carbine and its quite capable for deer sized game. I have taken two Antelope and two Whitetails and 3 were DRT and one ran about 40 yards. I have been using Silver States Armory ammo, I believe they are 115 grain with Barnes X Bullets.
Also have a late model Mini 14 in 6.8 and it will shoot around 1.5 MOA with my handloads. Haven't hunted with the Mini yet.

jedc53

New to the site!
Reaction score
I still like the 6.5 Grendel better or the 6.5x47 Lapua or the 6.5 Creedmoor, but I'm a 6.5mm fan 85gr in .270 just sounds too light to me.Obviously it kills deer, though.It is very best Grendel and absolutely love it.

Max

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
6.8 is a solid round - ammo still hasn't made it everywhere yet, but I know we move a pretty good amount of it through our shop.

You'll be happy with it's performance, especially vs hogs

Latest posts

Top Bottom