Any 7 STW shooters/loaders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a 7mm STW and am trying to figure out which load and bullet to use. I'll be using it to deer hunt in western Oklahoma. I've pretty much decided on Accubonds just trying to decide on 140 or 160 grain weight.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I shoot a .280AI and have shot the 160gr accubonds and they're awesome on deer, not going near as fast as your STW of course:). Berger 160gr VLD are unbeatable for accuracy IMO. B.C. on the 160gr is hard to beat, and the drop between the 160 bergers and the 140's is minimal. What brand of STW did you buy?

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got my 284 Win I built and the 7WSM pistol but nothing with the STW horsepower! I'm not going to say out loud what bullets I use or I'll have people all over me. One thing to be careful of with the STW abilities to push a bullet FAST is that a lot of bullets aren't going to be too good when pushed that hard when they make contact with a critter, they could go all to pieces. Might check out a website called Long Range Hunting, these guys shoot the high horsepower rounds and could probably give you the info you need. I would look at the 175-180gr bullets or if you can find some of the Cauter 189gr bullets :-)

Good luck to ya! Later,

Kirk

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot a .280AI and have shot the 160gr accubonds and they're awesome on deer, not going near as fast as your STW of course:). Berger 160gr VLD are unbeatable for accuracy IMO. B.C. on the 160gr is hard to beat, and the drop between the 160 bergers and the 140's is minimal. What brand of STW did you buy?

I bought a Remington 700 Sendero

Latest posts

Top Bottom