Any clubs shoot Annie Oakley (trap game, not person)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you not familiar with how to play, go here http://www.outdoorgameplayers.com/outdoor-games-list/trap-shooting-games/
and scroll down to find a basic overview of the rules.

Where I grew up this has been a big weekly thing for as long as I can remember. I was thinking of trying to get a group together at Red Castle but Annies are shot from the 27 yard line and the RC trap field doesn't have pads poured back that far :(

Any clubs around Tulsa shoot these? Anyone willing to try?

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know anywhere that does but I want to play that!!!

but I'm kinda on the wrong side of the state from you though...

If you can organize about 15 guys you can try it yourself. We played slightly differently than the above rules:

- After everyone on the line has shot, everyone rotates to the right. So if you were 3/4 of the way between pads 1 and 2, you would then be 3/4 of the way between pads 2 and 3. Between 4 and 5 goes to between 1 and 2, obviously.

- If you're the first shooter and you shot someone out at the end of the line (the last shooter missed and you hit his bird), then you don't have to call for your own for the next rotation. For example: I'm first shooter and I hit my own bird. I stand there bored for a while as everyone else shoots. The second-to-last guy misses, the last guy misses, then I hit it. Those two are out, we rotate, and the guy just to my right calls. I will be first shooter again after the next rotation.

- When only 5 people are left, you move to "the door," or the 32 yard line. You don't rotate positions at the door, and since there are 5 people everyone will always have their gun up.

- When you get shot out, you put $2 in the pot. The last two people split the pot. If you manage to win by yourself (shoot two people out with 3 left) you get the whole thing.

- The winners of the previous game are the first shooters. The guy who shot the last person out is 2nd, while the "woodtick" (carried along for the ride) is first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom