Any CNC machinist's in the house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently installed a Daewoo Puma 10HC 2 axis lathe in the Tromix shop and need some help getting the tooling set up for it.
Is there anyone here familiar with the tooling holders/fixtures for the turret that would be interested in moonlighting a bit? I have plenty of beer.

Contact via e-mail below would be best.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
E-mail [email protected]

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I put in a new Samsung SL20 about a year ago and had to buy all new tooling because I had never had a CNC lathe before. Did you buy the unit new or used? I know a guy that does some contract work for Kansas Oklahoma Machine Tool (KOMT) that would probably be willing to come in for a day if you have to go the route of paying someone. If i was closer, I would stop by and show you what little I know.

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been running a conventional lathe for 15 years, but the tooling setup is completely different on this CNC. I am not sure how the tool holders attach to the turret, or if the hole spacing is all the same between various brand turrets, or if I need to buy tool holders made specifically for this turret....or what the deal is. I don't even know where to buy the stuff. I'll get it figured out, but having someone give me some on-site help would really shorten the learning curve. Here's a pic.

Tony

[Broken External Image]

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OD turning tool holders have a wedge that holds them in.

Try four state supply for tooling. Inserts/holders.

I would come help in a heartbeat but I know just enough to get both of us in trouble. I haven't ran one in 15 years.

All of your turning tools are loaded upside down compared to what you use to because you are cutting on the backside of the part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom