Any Dodge 360 parts hoarders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big Mopar fan, & a fan of the 360, I have a couple. But I'm far from a hoarder.
I have a few extra stuff for my stuff, but I do not have what you are looking for.

If you can make it to Wichita March 11 & 12, check out the Sunflower Swapmeet.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big Mopar fan, & a fan of the 360, I have a couple. But I'm far from a hoarder.
I have a few extra stuff for my stuff, but I do not have what you are looking for.

If you can make it to Wichita March 11 & 12, check out the Sunflower Swapmeet.
Thanks for the input, may have to do that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an intake on it now 2 barrel maybe?
I have used those adapters to stick a 4 barrel onto 2 barrel intakes.
They actually do ok.
I built an adapter for a motorcraft 1 barrel intake that was on my inline 6 Ford.
The adapter I made mounted a GM Rochester 2GC on top.

I expected more top end but that was the same but the bottom end power came way up.
Win.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there an intake on it now 2 barrel maybe?
I have used those adapters to stick a 4 barrel onto 2 barrel intakes.
They actually do ok.
I built an adapter for a motorcraft 1 barrel intake that was on my inline 6 Ford.
The adapter I made mounted a GM Rochester 2GC on top.

I expected more top end but that was the same but the bottom end power came way up.
Win.
Yes, it has a 2bl intake with a 4bl adapter plate. However I've never known anyone who has used this setup with good results.
We (basically stole)I mean picked up an 87 D150 with 87k miles basically no rust and literally no scratches it the bed back in Aug last yr very reasonable, truck had been in this family its entire life down it Texas. I'm wanting to remove all the smog crap thats still on the truck but all blocked off, and put a 4bl intake on it without having to break my grandsons budget by putting an aluminum aftermarket 4bl intake on it. But It may be the best option.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ran many 2 barrel engines that were ridiculous in the power department.
I had one friend with his 1987 chevy truck that had a 2 barrel on it get a 4v intake off of me a Q jet iron intake and then he topped it with a Q jet carb.
Zero power gains anywhere.

If you do get an intake look for a Mopar 360 cast iron 4 barrel intake or a 340 4 barrel intake.
DO NOT get an edelbrock performer intake.
You will not make the power with it that the Mopar intake will make.

Here is one read you may really like.
Study it and notice at the bottom the test #2 was with Thermoquad and stock 4V intake.
These fools spent bad money on that edelbrock intake and a Q jet carb and lost power.

Only thing that made power come way up was a cam change.

They would have been more power ahead with the stock cam and porting of the heads.

I have done the cam swap on stock heads deal and it never panned out. always lost low end TQ and gained HP in the last 500 rpm of the curve.

When I began porting heads things came alive.

Read this.
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/mopp-0105-dyno-test-360-smog-motor/
My quickest 2 barrel engine was a 1970 Buick 350 and it had a stupid cam in it would not idle under 1200rpm.
3500 stall converter and I put it in a 72 Nova.
115 lbs lighter than the SBC and I had gutted that car to reduce weight.
I put wrinkle wall drag slicks on it and had them on for 1 launch in front of mother-in-laws house.
Just about hit the rear bumper on the pavement. Broke the rear shock mounts off.

I did not run slicks for 15 years after that.
I would shift that engine at 7200 rpm with the GM 2 barrel and with an adapter plate for a 4 barrel and a Mopar AFB 750
It would go 7600rpm and kept pulling I got scared it would blow up and I shifted it.

Those old rods were cast and I am surprised they never failed.

I will keep my eyes peeled for a Mopar iron 4 barrel intake.

Here is another read and this guy swapped a factory 4v intake for the Air Gap Edelbrock RPM.
Not much gained there either.

Modifying And Testing A Dodge 360-Cube LA Small-Block On The Dyno

I have ran that Air gap on a SBC and it may make more HP on a dyno but driving around in our state it was terrible.

I had to add a lot of fuel to the carb to make it work.
2 friends with different engines had the same issue.
Lots of stumbling and dead spot when you get in it.

More pump shot and quicker fuel curve with as much as 10 thousandths more jet on all 4 corners.
Just horrible.

I put the regular RPM Non air gap back on and things smoothed right out no more stumbling and I pulled a bunch of jet out.

MPG came way up.

Good luck.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your best bet is probably to call the few salvages that are left. Id avoid shady nook if all possible. They will have it but it wont be cheap. Make sure you get a magnum intake not one for an LA engine. They have different bolt patterns.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think his 1987 may be an LA engine not the magnum as I think the magnum came out around 1993.
The intake bolts on the LA are at a 45 degree angle like an old gen 1 SBC engine.

The magnum intake bolts come into the head at a 90° or straight down like the newer 1996 Vortec sbc heads.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ This.
His engine, if older than '94, is not a magnum. It's the LA engine.

318 intakes will fit also. & those were in just about every vehicle made back then. Keep an eye out for those & they might have the intake you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom