Any Soldiers or Marines remember using this little bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaning, straightening out some accumulated gear, ammo, came across this bag I bought from an old army surplus store on east admiral street in Tulsa, about 1976-77. It impressed me as being so sturdy a bag, pouch, strap. Use to hike on Sunday morning with a buddy to an old abandoned home, barn site that had collapsed, rotted away. 1930-40’s built maybe? Toted .357 magnum and .38 spec. Reloads to blast away at an old burn pile,plenty of cans, bottle targets. So much fun.
IMG_0114.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like I had something similar to that, back when I was a kid playing army. I had a full web belt with suspenders, canteens, mag pouches, the works!

It's canvas, not nylon, so it's probably pre Vietnam era or right around that time. I'm no expert, but I'm thinking nylon ALICE gear came about either during or just after Vietnam. Hopefully some of our wartime historians will chime in with better info. Awesome pouch though, thanks for sharing!

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Cleaning, straightening out some accumulated gear, ammo, came across this bag I bought from an old army surplus store on east admiral street in Tulsa, about 1976-77. It impressed me as being so sturdy a bag, pouch, strap. Use to hike on Sunday morning with a buddy to an old abandoned home, barn site that had collapsed, rotted away. 1930-40’s built maybe? Toted .357 magnum and .38 spec. Reloads to blast away at an old burn pile,plenty of cans, bottle targets. So much fun.View attachment 441590
We didn't have any need for man purses in the Air Force

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, the Air Force used regular ladies purses. :P
Bahahahahah!!! That made me laugh this morning! Thanks for that. I still have all my old gear from the army, the belt and harness with ammo pouches, canteens and butt pack make a great set up for hunting or just roaming the woods, the old ammo pouches hold snacks or what ever I want to drop in there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom