any weed control and fertilizer guys here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell I am surprised that my wife didn't mention the groupon. I totally forgot about mothers nature. I tried to call Pinkstons today and no answer.

As far as do it yourself I have bought many of things from John Deere Landscapres (formerly Lesco), it seems to almost cost the same per year for a good program from them to use a pro.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell I am surprised that my wife didn't mention the groupon. I totally forgot about mothers nature. I tried to call Pinkstons today and no answer.

As far as do it yourself I have bought many of things from John Deere Landscapres (formerly Lesco), it seems to almost cost the same per year for a good program from them to use a pro.

Thats your problem, you're buying from a JD store. They slap some green paint on it, and mark it up 400%. You can get a good backpack sprayer from 40-100, and enough 24d to mix 50 gallons for about 20 bucks.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well never bought from jd. Only when it was Lesco a few years back. 24d won't solve all your weed problems in bermuda and fescue lawns though.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you having an issue with that 2,4D wouldn't kill?

I was having a bad problem with ground ivy in my fescue lawn when I was living in STL. 2,4D wouldn't touch that stuff.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just use a hose end sprayer. I have an Ortho one that has a dial on the top to set how many ozs per gallon you want it to apply. I mix 1/2 Eliminator Weed and Grass Killer. (exact same ingreedients and concentration as Round Up and half the price at Walmart) and 1/2 Spectracide weed killer (2-4-D). set the dial on the sprayer at 1 oz, turn on the water and spray away. I put one application on the last week of Feb and another application on today. The first application was turning the weeds and crabgrass yellow but with the hot weather this week I wanted to hit them again. I've been doing this for the last 5 years on a 1 acre lot and it has cut my mowing time in half. Especially in the back yard.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2-4-D is only effective on broad leaf weeds. That's why I mix it with the Round Up equivilent. I only have Bermuda grass though and it is still about 90% dormant. I wouldn't be applying it on any cool season grasses like Fescue.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect we all know that. I was asking specifically what was the problem weed that 2,4D wasn't killing.

Edit: Didn't mean for this to sound rude but when I re-read it, it kinda did. Was just trying to clarify earlier post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom