anybody get a cmp ihc garand last month?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick528

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody was part of the ordering craziness on the IHC garands from cmp last month? I put my order in for a gap IHC or a service grade IHC,however they were both sold out by the time they picked out my order(my order got there about an hour after they opened on first day) so against my better judgement since I always have bad luck,I went with a field grade with a LMR barrel....putting my order in on march 11,I finally received mine yesterday...serial number 5001xxx the LMR barrel is original and has all matching IHC parts with the exception of the hammer (which is a early Winchester) and an early style milled trigger guard.All in all I feel very lucky considering some of the horror stories I've heard about a lot of them were mix masters with only the receiver being IHC....the throat erosion and muzzle reading was 2 and 2 on mine and the general condition wasn't bad at all...since all I need is to find a correct dated code IHC hammer and trigger guard I feel I did okay this time...I will try and post up some pics of it in a few days(I took it completely apart to clean and check all parts to see if they were date correct IHC stuff)...I hope if anybody also took a chance on a field grade they had fairly good luck also.After hearing from other people on the cmp forums it seems the field grades ended up with the majority of original parts left on them.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got an IHC SG last year with the LMR barrel option, and got a VERY nice example with an IHC stock; the only non-IHC parts were the trigger housing and trigger guard, which were no big deal as I already had the correct parts to make the rifle pretty much all correct. I decided to sit out this round so as to allow others without IHC's a chance to pick up one. I'm sure my sentiment was rather in the minority, but at least someone got the rifle that would otherwise have come to me, had I lucked out.

Plus, I picked up an excellent example of a LEAD-rebuilt IHC at the Wanenmacher show - for less than what the CMP charged :thumb: So I didn't need yet another IHC.

Looking forward to the pics of your new tractor gun!

entoman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I waited out the storm of 3/11 and noticed they were still listed on the 20th. I went ahead and ordered a SG w/LMR on the 20th thinking "what the heck", if I get lucky great, if not..... I received notice last week that they could not fill my first request but could switch it to a FG w/LMR. The order is now being filled, hopefully it will ship in a couple of days.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I waited out the storm of 3/11 and noticed they were still listed on the 20th. I went ahead and ordered a SG w/LMR on the 20th thinking "what the heck", if I get lucky great, if not..... I received notice last week that they could not fill my first request but could switch it to a FG w/LMR. The order is now being filled, hopefully it will ship in a couple of days.

Nice, please post a parts break down and pics after you get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom