Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slow your roll...there's still work to be done before playtime. You wouldn't happen to be an electrician, would you? I might have space for an electrician.
Not a Electrician dang it. But I can wire anything just may not be up to code.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a Electrician dang it. But I can wire anything just may not be up to code.

Well, hell... That's no superpower. I don't need help doing it wrong...I can do that all by my self! I'm thinking that spot I marked out for you just got erased...

:bolt:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, hell... That's no superpower. I don't need help doing it wrong...I can do that all by my self! I'm thinking that spot I marked out for you just got erased...

:bolt:
Didn't say it would be wrong just maybe not to code. Electrical codes were implemented by a engineer that took a government job because he sucked as a engineer. Could not make it in the free market so let's give the guy at the bottom of his class a job writing codes for the government.
I have rewired 75% of the electrical on my farm that was put in by a government electrical engineer. If he was not already dead when I bought the farm from his wife I would have probably killed him myself when I did some remodeling. My God it was horrendous, fire hazard deluxe.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Score #2 is a Gill-gun. However, this is NOT a model 6 or 87.

It is a Stevens 76. This model was only available before WW2 and uses the 1930s design. It's basically the precursor to the model 87.

I've had my eye out for one for several years and this is the first one I've seen. This one needs a little work, but shouldn't be difficult to get it running again.

View attachment 412094View attachment 412095View attachment 412096View attachment 412097View attachment 412098View attachment 412099View attachment 412100View attachment 412101

Got it running. Had to replace both extractors. Thankfully it uses the same extractors as the Model 87 and I had extras.

It's a Gill-gun, but not a Click-clack.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't say it would be wrong just maybe not to code. Electrical codes were implemented by a engineer that took a government job because he sucked as a engineer. Could not make it in the free market so let's give the guy at the bottom of his class a job writing codes for the government.
I have rewired 75% of the electrical on my farm that was put in by a government electrical engineer. If he was not already dead when I bought the farm from his wife I would have probably killed him myself when I did some remodeling. My God it was horrendous, fire hazard deluxe.

Just good-natured chops bustin', dude...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dehumidifiers next or Sheetrock? Nice foam job! You going to paint the foam?

I already have a dehumidifier. I'm probably gonna put some sort of wood sheeting up so I can easily hang stuff from it. Probably paint it then. Haven't decided on the particulars yet.

RE: the foam. The guys were out here from 8:30 yesterday morning until 9:30 last night doing that. I don't have good lighting out there (obviously, since there's no power) so I couldn't look it over really good. I went out today with a gauge and found most of the foam was only about 1" thick...and I paid for 2". I called the company up today and the guy didn't hesitate...said he be back out next Monday, we'd look it over and he'd spray until I was happy. Fair enough. I like the idea of the foam. But it's REALLY expensive and makes a helluva mess. Some places have to be "shaved" down and there's lots of overspray, even with things covered. But it adds a lot of structural integrity, soundproofing, moisture barrier and of course, insulation. I think I'm really gonna like it.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should match my Q well
20230926_184724~2.jpg
20230926_184746~3.jpg
20230926_184738~2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom