Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not today, but I picked it up this week.

Another cutaway variant for my collection. 19 Gen 4.

7181383ac418c2c39644116e986c8725.jpg

RLSanders

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So technically it's not new today but it's only a few days old.

I had an ATI 1911 .45 Commander that I bought for $250 not long ago. I put 100 rounds through it and decided it's not the right gun for me. It'd put somebody down but it's not a good target shooter. Took it and a Taurus .380 small pistol that my wife hated shooting due to recoil to Big Boys. They gave me $250 for both. I then put that money toward another ATI 1911 but this time in 9mm. Put 100 rounds through it and love it. I think I found my caliber. The only problem is it shoots low. H&H said it would cost $300-$400 to fix the sights. That could be more than the gun cost new. They would do it by installing Novak sites on it. The gunsmith said that they could try milling down the front site and repainting it to match the finish but that may not be enough to fix it. He didn't know what they would charge because he didn't know how much to take off and they don't use laser sighting in barrels. I would need to shoot it more and give them the point to shave it down to. The gunsmith said I could just start raising the front sight until I get a feel for it and if I find a consistent point I can put a thin line of paint across it. I know that the front sight isn't gonna fit flush at all distances but I'm thinking it should be close at 5-30 yards. Right now it's 5 inches low at 5 yards. I wish it were shooting high because I can deal with that a little easier.

Anyway, that's all probably too much info.

I know it's a cheapo that no one's gonna get excited about it but I like it. Gonna kill a lot of paper with this. Might even shoot a picture of a zombie or two. Just gotta figure out the sights.

H&H just got in a Colt Classic O1911C that I'm gonna maybe pick up if they still have one in a week or two, but only if they have one that's not the display. My wife stole my Walther 1911 Gov't tribute .22 because she loved the way it shot. I think the Colt would fill that void.

One interesting thing to note is the grip screws. I don't know if I just got lucky or if ATI is actually lining them up vertically on purpose. If so, I like that attention to detail and hope that it is reflected throughout the rest of the gun. As far as fit and finish, it seems to be every bit as good as my Remington R1 but that's another kind of cheap 1911. As another sort of side note, Big Boys has a new Tisas (from Turkey) 1911 .45 in stainless that seemed pretty damn nice for the price too.

IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom