Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if this qualifies as 'cool', but it is most certainly gun stuff.

And I like it.

P1010230.JPG

It's a reprint of the Lyman #45 manual.

You want Unique loads for your 460 Weatherby Mag ? Here ya go.
P1010232.JPG

It's got Unique loads for cast for every rifle in the book that I can see, and every handgun. I like that, because Unique loads and Universal loads interchange, at least until one gets to the higher levels, where Universal gets a bit sketchy...

It's got pics and descriptions for all the Lyman moulds current in 1970 -
P1010231.JPG

Reprint was purchased from
https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/item_desc.php?item_id=2953

Such a cool site. They have mucho reprints from loading manuals, to catalogs, to old adverts. This reprint is very good quality. Heavy paper, good clear pages.

Main site - https://www.cornellpubs.com/index.php

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This being at home too much drove me to begin sorting through boxes and throwing out stuff. I like to think of it as essentialism because that sounds more profound than getting rid of stuff I never needed in the first place ;-)

Anyway, as I started throwing boxes away one of them had something it it. To my pleasant surprise there were four 50 round boxes of Perfecta 9mm and a box of 50 rounds of Perfecta .38 caliber.

So much for cleaning for now...hello gun range, goodbye good intentions!

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heartland. Yeah. Shame
Do you know what happened? I think it was the Promos he had on those 4 wheelers is what killed them. Some kind of rebate for thousands of dollars if you bought them there and provided a farming tax number. They were selling them by the truckloads and couldn't keep them in stock.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if this qualifies as 'cool', but it is most certainly gun stuff.

And I like it.

View attachment 158032

It's a reprint of the Lyman #45 manual.

You want Unique loads for your 460 Weatherby Mag ? Here ya go.
View attachment 158033

It's got Unique loads for cast for every rifle in the book that I can see, and every handgun. I like that, because Unique loads and Universal loads interchange, at least until one gets to the higher levels, where Universal gets a bit sketchy...

It's got pics and descriptions for all the Lyman moulds current in 1970 -
View attachment 158034

Reprint was purchased from
https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/item_desc.php?item_id=2953

Such a cool site. They have mucho reprints from loading manuals, to catalogs, to old adverts. This reprint is very good quality. Heavy paper, good clear pages.

Main site - https://www.cornellpubs.com/index.php

LOL! If I was on my computer (fighting with my wife's) I'd take and post a pic of my original, circa 1973, 45th Edition Lyman manual. That's what I started with, and I've still got it. Still refer to it now and then. A lot of good info there that you don't find in other 'modern' manuals!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! If I was on my computer (fighting with my wife's) I'd take and post a pic of my original, circa 1973, 45th Edition Lyman manual. That's what I started with, and I've still got it. Still refer to it now and then. A lot of good info there that you don't find in other 'modern' manuals!

Yeah, I figured one of the old coots on here would have an original:boxing3:.

I didn't start reloading until around 1987. I had a Lee hand press, and a set of Lee dies with the scoop. When I went to buy powder (what was the name of that Fun Shop down on Linwood in OKC?) I picked up a free Hodgdon pamphlet, but I couldn't really use it, as I had no scale. I didn't purchase a data book until some years later. I still have some of the pamphlets though.

I loaded for years before I got a scale, I just used the info on the sheets that came with the Lee dies, along with the scoop that R.Lee so thoughtfully provided in his die sets.

Mostly, I showed that manual to provide the link to the publishing company. The website is worth a look, they have scads of cool reprints for sale.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why yes,,,
I did.

A gentleman from another forum sent me a .22 LR single-shot adapter,,,
It fits inside the magazine of my Mossberg 340-KC.

Now I can lend my rifle to the son of a friend,,,
He wants to participate in some 4-H shooting events.

The problem is they require single-shot rifles,,,
But they will allow mag fed rifles with a single-shot adapter.

The boy has done very well with this old Mossie in the past,,,
He's going to be delighted when I tell him about this.

The maker created this in a 3-D printer,,,
He sent me one with no up front money required.

I'm dropping him a $10.00 bill and will consider it money well spent.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom