Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bucket list.......check!

I was able to bring home a brand new, no clone, real deal HK SP5 tonight. This has been one of my dream guns (regarding non-full autos) since they were first released to the USA market. Amazingly I found a brace in stock locally. This brace is only temporary, as the eventual plan is to form 1 and go with a legit stock. Cost efficient, certainly not, but I am allowed to dream. The next step is a can for it and some extra magazines. I was informed that the transition to full digital ATF form 1 and form 4's opened up officially today. Perhaps in a couple of months once they get into the swing of things I will move forward with the can.

I can't believe I found one of these in the wild. I've wanted one for quite some time, and was seriously considering going with the Sig MPX-K, which is a fine firearm in it's own right (recent build generation to be specific), but the HK has always been at the very top of that list.

View attachment 241962

View attachment 241963

View attachment 241964

View attachment 241965

Sorry for teasing the thread about this and then taking so long to post pics. There was a long traffic jam on southbound I-44 this evening. Once I got home I had to familiarize myself with field stripping, bolt disassembly, putting the brace on it, etc. Then I just stared lovingly at it for awhile before I remembered I had to post pics!

I just wanna slap it!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bucket list.......check!

I was able to bring home a brand new, no clone, real deal HK SP5 tonight. This has been one of my dream guns (regarding non-full autos) since they were first released to the USA market. Amazingly I found a brace in stock locally. This brace is only temporary, as the eventual plan is to form 1 and go with a legit stock. Cost efficient, certainly not, but I am allowed to dream. The next step is a can for it and some extra magazines. I was informed that the transition to full digital ATF form 1 and form 4's opened up officially today. Perhaps in a couple of months once they get into the swing of things I will move forward with the can.

I can't believe I found one of these in the wild. I've wanted one for quite some time, and was seriously considering going with the Sig MPX-K, which is a fine firearm in it's own right (recent build generation to be specific), but the HK has always been at the very top of that list.

View attachment 241962

View attachment 241963

View attachment 241964

View attachment 241965

Sorry for teasing the thread about this and then taking so long to post pics. There was a long traffic jam on southbound I-44 this evening. Once I got home I had to familiarize myself with field stripping, bolt disassembly, etc. I put the brace on it then I just stared lovingly at it for a while before I remembered I had to post pics!
She's sweet! Congrats on getting one more off the bucket list!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent on your SP5 !!!!!!

For an Optic on mine, I chose the Aimpoint T2 and the B&T mount -- they co-witness with the factory sights.

https://hkparts.net/product/b-t-hk-mp5-mp5k-low-mount-for-t1-h1-t2-aimpoint-p16862.htm/
When I bought mine -- Sports World in Tulsa recommended the Silencerco Omega 9K (mine is still waiting on approval) I actually found a 3-Lug 9MM mount locally.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-k/
One step at a time.

Gun Mag Warehouse has factory HK SP5 30 round magazines on sale $10 off their regular price ( I had not found them any cheaper) -- They also sell Korean KCI and ETS for the SP5 -- I stuck with the factory Mags !!!!!@

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/heckler-koch-hk-sp5k-9mm-30-round-magazine.html
My face hurts from the big grin I have on my face, when I shoot my SP5 !!!!!!!

Congratulations on taking a big ole chunk out of your bucket list !!!!!!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have picked each of these up over the last month or so, from members here. Both rifles in 308, probably my favorite caliber.

Winchester model 88 and Savage model 99. Only thing I’ve done is polish them up and swap out the scopes for period correct Leupold 3X9’s.

F74542CA-034C-4DFD-8039-E1CF9C54F130.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent on your SP5 !!!!!!

For an Optic on mine, I chose the Aimpoint T2 and the B&T mount -- they co-witness with the factory sights.

https://hkparts.net/product/b-t-hk-mp5-mp5k-low-mount-for-t1-h1-t2-aimpoint-p16862.htm/
When I bought mine -- Sports World in Tulsa recommended the Silencerco Omega 9K (mine is still waiting on approval) I actually found a 3-Lug 9MM mount locally.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-k/
One step at a time.

Gun Mag Warehouse has factory HK SP5 30 round magazines on sale $10 off their regular price ( I had not found them any cheaper) -- They also sell Korean KCI and ETS for the SP5 -- I stuck with the factory Mags !!!!!@

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/heckler-koch-hk-sp5k-9mm-30-round-magazine.html
My face hurts from the big grin I have on my face, when I shoot my SP5 !!!!!!!

Congratulations on taking a big ole chunk out of your bucket list !!!!!!
Thanks, I found those mags online this evening as well and placed an order with GMW.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bucket list.......check!

View attachment 241962

View attachment 241963

View attachment 241964

View attachment 241965

Sorry for teasing the thread about this and then taking so long to post pics. There was a long traffic jam on southbound I-44 this evening. Once I got home I had to familiarize myself with field stripping, bolt disassembly, etc. I put the brace on it then I just stared lovingly at it for a while before I remembered I had to post pics!
Beautiful! Nice grab. Even the case is cool.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a 18.5 barreled .410 last night, so it's on it's way to Oklahoma. Picked up a box of defensive ammo for it and was reminded why I hate SGammo. 45 bucks for a box of .410.

Latest posts

Top Bottom