Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I inherited my grandfather’s duty pistol. After WWII he went back home to Arizona and became a police officer. He was a railroad detective for Santa Fe, a cop for the city of Flagstaff, and BIA cop on the Navajo Reservation. He loved nothing more than busting bootleggers on the rez. I'm not into revolvers at all, but this thing is pretty cool and I'm really digging the stag grips.

JaO19e4.jpg

7VOtDDp.jpg

You can see it on his hip here, he's on the left. I guess he was pretty good with it since he won some marksmanship awards with it.

6RqfgMH.jpg

Here he is loading some rounds for it.

wiNrqBH.jpg

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I inherited my grandfather’s duty pistol. After WWII he went back home to Arizona and became a police officer. He was a railroad detective for Santa Fe, a cop for the city of Flagstaff, and BIA cop on the Navajo Reservation. He loved nothing more than busting bootleggers on the rez. I'm not into revolvers at all, but this thing is pretty cool and I'm really digging the stag grips.

JaO19e4.jpg

7VOtDDp.jpg

You can see it on his hip here, he's on the left. I guess he was pretty good with it since he won some marksmanship awards with it.

6RqfgMH.jpg

wiNrqBH.jpg
If that thing could talk. One nice pistol you have. Enjoy.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JaO19e4.jpg

7VOtDDp.jpg

6RqfgMH.jpg

wiNrqBH.jpg
Doesn't matter if your into revolvers or not. I'm sure for you it's still a priceless treasure. Lot's of history and even pictures to go with it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JaO19e4.jpg

7VOtDDp.jpg

6RqfgMH.jpg

wiNrqBH.jpg

That is priceless. What an amazing thing to not only have the revolver, but to have the history and photos to go with it.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is priceless. What an amazing thing to not only have the revolver, but to have the history and photos to go with it.

Having a bit of provenance makes it even better. I never got to meet him (he died when my dad was 12), but I’ve never heard a bad thing about him. The stories that my dad tells about him are quite interesting, like trading a Navajo weaver bags of hard candy for teaching him how to speak the language, or using the huge radio antennas on his patrol car to launch snowballs, or making my dad and his brother box each other until they couldn’t lift their arms when they’d start in on each other.

Now I need to find some nice leather for it. Lobo Gun Leather looks nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom