Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traded for this last week, 1884 Springfield Trapdoor rifle. I’ve had a 1884 carbine for awhile, finally got the chance, through trading, to get the rifle.
I had an old trap door like that my grandfather left me when he died in 1960 but like a dumb ass kid I sold it because I needed money for my car

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Henry Big Boy in 357 Magnum today from the Atwoods in Norman. FYI They had another just like it when I left about 2pm today. This gun is just too nice to keep locked up in my safe. Now I need to find a secure way to display it in my living room.
Henry2.jpg

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to run a bed down to my son in Dallas Saturday so while there I saw there was a gun show at Southfork Ranch, no ideal what to expect so we went and checked it out. Lots of nice guns, There were some good deals and I didn't think prices were as bad as the OKC gunshows. I found a toy I just couldn't pass up, I like older stuff and replicas of older stuff and I've been looking for another sharps or an 1885 high wall for awhile now and found this Browning 1885 High Wall BPCR 45/70, with Hoke tang sight, spirit level globe front sight, and a Steve Baldwin trigger job in beautiful condition, Hell the wood is better looking than what came on my Shiloh sharps, or close to it. It wasn't cheap but when you add up the sum of parts and the trigger work I came out ok. Now I need to load up some ammo and go see what it likes,

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an old trap door like that my grandfather left me when he died in 1960 but like a dumb ass kid I sold it because I needed money for my car
Jack we've all had those guns we still cry about selling, But it is to bad you sold your granddads rifle, but when were young and need money we do stuff like that!!! Some of the stuff I let go in my younger years I'm embarrassed to even admit!!!

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack we've all had those guns we still cry about selling, But it is to bad you sold your granddads rifle, but when were young and need money we do stuff like that!!! Some of the stuff I let go in my younger years I'm embarrassed to even admit!!!
Yeah, I wish I still had some of the cars I had back in the 60's & 70's, if my knees weren't so bad I'd kick myself!

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I still had some of the cars I had back in the 60's & 70's, if my knees weren't so bad I'd kick myself!
I see you're a single shot aficionado as well, love my single shots too, Sharps 1874's & 75's repo's, Browning 85, Ruger #1, Wickliffe 76, if I could afford the original's I'd have a good collection. I like lever actions too, if they're designs were before 1900 but I'll confess I have one new one, a Browning BLR I'm working on right now, that'll be chambered in a wildcat 375 WSM cartridge.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you use to fire these off? I got a bunch after reading my Winchester 1300 should like them but haven’t tried them yet
I like the #7 1/2 shells in my Remingtion 1900. It's a side by side that is just plain cool looking, despite the modern recoil pad. These slugs are good in any modern side by side or over/under; maybe some slide action and autoloaders if the appropriate adapter is installed.
My old bolt action shotgun will do just fine with them.

1900.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom