Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to a member I have these now… might have to put them to use.

8D168EAD-1E85-478E-8E13-784FB188CECF.jpeg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I didn’t know I was supposed to inform you of all my toys. Do you really want me to remove all the mystery, intrigue, and suspense from our relationship?

(I like it) It’s a heck of a lot easier to break down and clean over my mark II and more reliable than my 22a.

It’s also now ribbed and suppressed for your pleasure. Ok fluted, but ribbed works better for the sophomoric joke.
I wanted a Victory so bad when they first came out but by the time the prices came down I had lost interest in them.

I need to get a .22 pistol I guess but I'm just waiting on that deal that I can't pass up.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm perhaps inordinately fond of the 1903 Springfield in all it's variations, but don't generally have the budget to support collecting them anymore. I'd had a few of them over the years, but my last one was stolen from my household goods while I was moving to Germany in 1991. Didn't find out about it until 1996, when I was in OKC, awaiting those same household goods. I had a 1903A3 Springfield with the 4-groove barrel among the guns that went missing, and Uncle Sam paid far less for the guns than replacement cost of just the A3.

Also had two children born in Germany, and they needed baby furniture, diapers, and lots of groceries, so no replacement for anything. Until my brother bought me a 1903 Springfield sporter a few years ago.

Earlier this year, I found a barreled action on one of the other lists I frequent, for $150. National Ordnance 1903A2 action, not an actual Springfield, or any of the other USGI actions, but the barrel is a 1944 RIA 2 groove. I've been accumulating the small parts for it over the past several months, starting with a stock. A couple of days ago, I found the magazine spring and follower in the pile that my reloading bench had become, and installed it, and ordered much of the rest of what I needed to complete it. I should have all the rest of the parts I need, and a good set of spares by this weekend.

Last month I started shooting in the military bolt-gun competition with a 91/30 Mosin, and I'm not sure if the problems I have with it are me or the rifle. Probably me. ;) Last time before that I got to shoot anything was just before the Covid-19 restrictions, so it's been at least 2 years. Probably more. I want to get both guns shooting well, so need to put my loading bench back in condition to use. Been working on that, and have all the stuff needed to load for both the -06 and 7.62x54R found. Just need to set it up and use it. And then practice a lot!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up this little guy for a song today. It was REALLY dirty. Like, the feed ramp was so dirty FMJ ammo was hanging up on it. Shot some lube all around the slide and barrel and made all the difference. Shoots great...even Minute of Paper Plate at 25 yds! Feeds HP stuff without issue. Just needs a good cleaning now. Been looking for one for a while:

A.jpg

B.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom