Anybody have or had a Shelby Dakota?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to get one one of these days, just curious to know if anyone has one. They aren't tough to find nationally but I have never seen one in Oklahoma. I almost bought one in 98 and haven't seen one on a lot since then. They pop up on CL from time to time, generally it's a dealer trying to sell for WAY more than they are worth - while I think the trucks are neat, they don't command much of a premium. The increase in performance on the Shelby edition just wasn't enough to catch anyone's attention - it's mostly cosmetic changes, badging & stickers that make it a Shelby. I like them just the same.

[Broken External Image]

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen one but I did see a Shelby daytona last week. It was awesome. I thought it was a GLH-S for a second. Those were almost dangerously overpowered.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mainly just stickers. HP was only up 5hp but I believe quite a bit more torque. This of course was back in '89 when Shelby had only been doing modified fwd stuff for Dodge. I bet in a way though it helped lead the way for the Syclone/Typhoon (wicked awesome!!) and Lightnings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom