Anybody reload for fellow OSA members?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most wont load for others, its a liability thing. What you will find is if you gather your own components many are willing to let you come to them and they will teach you how to load your own.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love someone to come out to my place to help me set up and show me the correct process on my Hornady Lock n Load press. I've loaded before but only had success with new brass and need to set up my dies to correctly resize my brass.

I can pay with homemade wine! Anyone interested?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is hard to screw up sizing straight wall pistol brass. You need to get the primer out and size it down to the web area of the brass. On a single stage press you can set the sizing die to touch the shell holder and even slightly cam over on the bottom of the die. My Dillon 550 is different. You need to set the sizing die without putting pressure on the shell holder that rotates around. You would bend it if you cammed over on it. I have no idea how to set it on your L N L. You do have to decap the case. (get the old primer out). If you are sizing a rifle case (bottleneck) get a case gauge to help with that.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload practice ammo that won't fire for shotgun, pistol or Rifle. Competition practice stuff. Simulates live ammo.

Dennis, what do you use for the primer pocket? Friend of mine used to fill the pocket with black silicone seal to protect firing pins. Some folks I have known used spent primers. For my own use, I usually just leave the hole open unless the ammo is for something that shouldn't be dry fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom