Favorite Pistol Caliber Dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with my Dillion dies. I mostly use RCBS on the single stage for various rifle calibers and other pistol rounds I don't load in bulk on the progressive press. Redding for my rifle high precision rifle. The Lee factory crimp dies have replaced all of my pistol crimp dies for each caliber. They are great.

@Mad Professor turned me on to FW Arms decapping dies. I've never broken a single decapping pin, even on Berdan primers. It just punches a hole through the brass and keeps on going. It also has a simple but very efficient case centering 'shuttle'. I do my bulk decapping for nearly all rounds with that die now.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input! I think I'm going to try the Lee dies for 9mm, since I'm just making plinking ammo for now. I'm sure I'll end up trying other brands too if I find good deals on die sets.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with my Dillion dies. I mostly use RCBS on the single stage for various rifle calibers and other pistol rounds I don't load in bulk on the progressive press. Redding for my rifle high precision rifle. The Lee factory crimp dies have replaced all of my pistol crimp dies for each caliber. They are great.

@Mad Professor turned me on to FW Arms decapping dies. I've never broken a single decapping pin, even on Berdan primers. It just punches a hole through the brass and keeps on going. It also has a simple but very efficient case centering 'shuttle'. I do my bulk decapping for nearly all rounds with that die now.
I've had my eye on that FW arms decapper eventually. But so far my Lee hasn't had any problems, so it's not a high priority on my shopping list.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to have Lee for most pistol with RCBS for 22Hornet 30-30 and 30-06. I have a set of, I believe, Texas dies for my 44. Thinking about moving to something other than a Lee decapping die but not sure yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom