Anyone cast 30 caliber for .300 Black subsonics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've looked at the .300 BO case and wondered if it would make a nice .32-20 equivalent, with say a 100-120 grain FN lead bullet over a dose of pistol powder.
I don't think this would feed in an AR, I was imagining this in say a single shot or maybe a Ruger American bolt action. They used to be chambered for the Blackout round.
I think it would be a good mild plinker and close range varmint getter, like the old .32-20.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at the .300 BO case and wondered if it would make a nice .32-20 equivalent, with say a 100-120 grain FN lead bullet over a dose of pistol powder.
I don't think this would feed in an AR, I was imagining this in say a single shot or maybe a Ruger American bolt action. They used to be chambered for the Blackout round.
I think it would be a good mild plinker and close range varmint getter, like the old .32-20.

I use a soft cast 32-20 round nose, powder coated bullet and pistol powder in one of my 308 bolt rifles.
I think it was 664 fps and so low pressure that I do not need to resize the case.
Suppress it and all you hear is the bullet hitting the target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom